Groups

Nissan 350z question help please!

Hi,

I think I'm gonna go for the 350z if I can get insured on it but not sure whether to get a new or a used one. What I would like to know is if the shape has changed recently as I want the newest model. I heard its been the same since it came out. Let me know please!

Thanks

19 Comments

Good choice.

I'm pretty sure there has been no real change, unless you count the roadster being released.

I say go for used, let someone else take the hit.

No different model as such, they have increased the BHP on certain models but the shape and general interior are the same, make sure you go for two things, 1. GT model as you get more for your money and resellablity 2. UK Spec. Insurance isn't so bad as long as it it UK spec. Try performance Direct. Hope this helps.

go for a used one

Been looking at these myself recently (used).

Really good value for money, not as quick as I was expecting for a 3.5 V6 and I bet its difficult to get the reported 24mpg :oops:

Sure I posted this, must be going mad.

370z is out very soon which will lower the 350z value. I am sure the other information is easily available on somewhere so simple as wikipedia.

Original Poster

jtx;5314034

Good choice.I'm pretty sure there has been no real change, unless you … Good choice.I'm pretty sure there has been no real change, unless you count the roadster being released.I say go for used, let someone else take the hit.

Cheers, the thing about used is how old to go. I've seen these from 2002-2008. What are the benefits of a 2008 over say a 2004 other than possible lower mileage? I probably sound really dumb now!

egosney;5314077

No different model as such, they have increased the BHP on certain models … No different model as such, they have increased the BHP on certain models but the shape and general interior are the same, make sure you go for two things, 1. GT model as you get more for your money and resellablity 2. UK Spec. Insurance isn't so bad as long as it it UK spec. Try performance Direct. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I will try them. Is the GT the same as the ST? Not sure bout the insurance though as I've only just turned 21.

paz2k6;5314096

go for a used one

Will do!

Paul1234;5314156

Been looking at these myself recently (used).Really good value for money, … Been looking at these myself recently (used).Really good value for money, not as quick as I was expecting for a 3.5 V6 and I bet its difficult to get the reported 24mpg :oops:

I'm not too bothered about the speed, my peugeot 308cc convertible is pretty sluggish!

This is the link to the new one: nissan.co.uk/veh…tml

I don't think it will make a big impact on the price of the 350Z.

Never heard of an ST.

I had one a few years ago, fantastic to drive and the power is there, well it beats some porsche models, when I read reviews so can't be that bad.

I do agree, get a second hand one but emphasis on the GT.

egosney;5314347

This is the link to the new one: … This is the link to the new one: http://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/sports-cars/370z.html#vehicles/sports-cars/370zI don't think it will make a big impact on the price of the 350Z.Never heard of an ST. I had one a few years ago, fantastic to drive and the power is there, well it beats some porsche models, when I read reviews so can't be that bad. I do agree, get a second hand one but emphasis on the GT.

You will lose all the buyers that want the latest model, which has a massive impact in the sports/luxury market.

Original Poster

The only question now is do I go for something older and cheaper like a 2003 or a newer 2008?

Wow cant believe how cheap some 350Z's have become, might get one myself soon

completely off topic but I saw my first GT-R on the road the other day, looks amazing and more tech in it than a M$ warehouse.

£60k seems a lot for a NIssan, I've looked at the 350z before myself, seems an excellent little car for the money, loads better than a Z4 or any thing made by Mazda

I personally would go for a newer model, I found that the older looking ones look quite tired inside.

I was very underwhelmed by the 350z.

Paul1234;5314156

Been looking at these myself recently (used).Really good value for money, … Been looking at these myself recently (used).Really good value for money, not as quick as I was expecting for a 3.5 V6 and I bet its difficult to get the reported 24mpg :oops:

I can get over 24mpg from my 6.1 HEMI V8 (Chrysler 300c SRT-8) if I don't drive like I stole it.

Don't see why the Nissan 350z couldn't match it (on economy).

If you want to buy a new Nissan though, why not wait until the Hybrid model &/or the 370z is released?

If you do not fancy either of these yourself, there may well be a price drop across the rest of the range at the time the new models are on sale.

The 370z is out in the UK in September. It will have a 3.7 [duh!] engine in the 6-speed manual (for £31,650) or 7-speed (!) automatic version (for £33,050). Offering 350bhp at 7,400rpm, it will be available in both roadster & coupe shells.

An Ariel Atom 300 will be my next purchase though

PS. For Insurance, I can recommend Adrian Flux.

BFN,

fp.

Banned

ukdeals;5314254

I'm not too bothered about the speed, my peugeot 308cc convertible is … I'm not too bothered about the speed, my peugeot 308cc convertible is pretty sluggish!

not to mention effeminate

Banned

ms2005;5315552

£60k seems a lot for a NIssan,

A Nissan that is proven quicker that a 911 Turbo which costs at least twice as much

fact is you cannot buy more performance for £60k - one of the best cars on the road at present

dimebars;5886714

A Nissan that is proven quicker that a 911 Turbo which costs at least … A Nissan that is proven quicker that a 911 Turbo which costs at least twice as muchfact is you cannot buy more performance for £60k - one of the best cars on the road at present

If it is just 0-60mph time you are seeking, then for £37,995 you can have a Caterham Superlight R500 (2.0L).

This offers 2.8 seconds whereas the Nissan GT-R takes 3.2 seconds with "launch control" & 3.9 seconds without it,
    (The GT-R does have a higher top speed though; 193mph versus 150mph in the Caterham)

As I mentioned above, a supercharged Ariel Atom 300 (top speed 155mph) will take 2.7 seconds to reach 60mph (or 0-100mph in 6.86 seconds, then back to 0mph again 3.8 seconds later).

You can have one for less than £40,000 if you are prepared to reach the top of the 18-24 months waiting list.

Wish I could afford the Atom 500 V8... that should easily be able to take on the Bugatti Veyron (0-60mph in 2.46 seconds), & the Ultima GTR (2.6 seconds).

BFN,

fp.

fanpages;5886996

If it is just 0-60mph time you are seeking, then for £37,995 you can have … If it is just 0-60mph time you are seeking, then for £37,995 you can have a Caterham Superlight R500 (2.0L).This offers 2.8 seconds whereas the Nissan GT-R takes 3.2 seconds with "launch control" & 3.9 seconds without it,(The GT-R does have a higher top speed though; 193mph versus 150mph in the Caterham)As I mentioned above, a supercharged Ariel Atom 300 (top speed 155mph) will take 2.7 seconds to reach 60mph (or 0-100mph in 6.86 seconds, then back to 0mph again 3.8 seconds later).You can have one for less than £40,000 if you are prepared to reach the top of the 18-24 months waiting list.Wish I could afford the Atom 500 V8... that should easily be able to take on the Bugatti Veyron (0-60mph in 2.46 seconds), & the Ultima GTR (2.6 seconds).BFN,fp.

Hmmm not very practical is it. Plus the GTR performs very well on the track, handling is suppose to be superb

Banned

the GTR isnt only quicker to 60 than the 911 - quicker round the Nurburgring etc

handles, goes, stops, steers better than most cars costing more

if i had £60k id buy one

fanpages;5886996

If it is just 0-60mph time you are seeking, then for £37,995 you can have … If it is just 0-60mph time you are seeking, then for £37,995 you can have a Caterham Superlight R500 (2.0L).This offers 2.8 seconds whereas the Nissan GT-R takes 3.2 seconds with "launch control" & 3.9 seconds without it,(The GT-R does have a higher top speed though; 193mph versus 150mph in the Caterham)As I mentioned above, a supercharged Ariel Atom 300 (top speed 155mph) will take 2.7 seconds to reach 60mph (or 0-100mph in 6.86 seconds, then back to 0mph again 3.8 seconds later).You can have one for less than £40,000 if you are prepared to reach the top of the 18-24 months waiting list.Wish I could afford the Atom 500 V8... that should easily be able to take on the Bugatti Veyron (0-60mph in 2.46 seconds), & the Ultima GTR (2.6 seconds).BFN,fp.

0-60mph is pretty much worthless in the real world, anyone trying to get the speed out of an R500 would probably be in a nasty crash out of the first corner. At the hands of an expert driver in good conditions they are fast round the track however for an average driver the Japanese four wheel drive cars would be faster, watching them go round the Nurburgring really showed off their ability - despite being well down on power their agility through the corners through their advanced four wheel drive systems meant they had better balance, more grip and easier to get the power down afterwards.

I went round the track in an M5 driven by one of the fastest drivers on the Ring and it was beaten by a stock Evo VIII which could power through the corners with such ease against the big rear wheel drive BMW.

I have been looking at buying a 350Z, they had an update in 2006 which saw an apparent improvement in build quality but I've been put off by a lot of stories of poor reliability - I always expect to see bad reviews of a car but there seems to be a lot for the 350Z.

John
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?56
      2. RIP DOCTOR WHO78
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30384
      4. PlayStation Hacked Again?44

See more discussions