Nissan Qashqai 2014 remote central locking problem

Posted 28th Aug 2018
Hey up folks, i wondered if any of you had any knowledge to remedy our problem. we have a 2014 (new shape) Nissan Qashqai with keyless ignition system, and the central locking fob just wont work these days. if you persist after about 50 + presses it will eventually 'register' with the car and then for the next few moments, using the fob to lock and unlock the car is as per normal, but my wife is worried she is going to be out with the kids and stranded essentially so we need to fix this, but i cant put my finger on what it could be?

i've changed and checked the battery in the fob. im confident that it is of the right type CR 2032 and has power. when the car does receive the signal, the fob works as it should, but it takes a while for the car to 'wake up' and receive the signal from the fob. these clues lead me to believe that it isnt a problem with the fob, perhaps? i've seen some videos about putting the key into the ignition and depressing the fob button and the brake to sort of 'reset' the signal, but that was on an older model car and also has an ignition to put the key into!

Does anyone have any experience with this and or any ideas to try or what the solution would be?

TIA

Kind regards

Dave
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
Hi,

Ideally you should use 2025 not a 2032 but the only difference is the diameter so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I can't offer any help for what's causing the issue but I can say that your wife wont get stuck - You should be able to remove the key blade from the intelligent key by sliding the switch on the back of the key, that gets the car unlocked and you inside. As for starting the engine, press the key fob against the START/STOP button (this should work even if the fob battery is dead)
oliver2023 h, 11 m ago

Hi, Ideally you should use 2025 not a 2032 but the only difference is the …Hi, Ideally you should use 2025 not a 2032 but the only difference is the diameter so I wouldn't worry too much about that.I can't offer any help for what's causing the issue but I can say that your wife wont get stuck - You should be able to remove the key blade from the intelligent key by sliding the switch on the back of the key, that gets the car unlocked and you inside. As for starting the engine, press the key fob against the START/STOP button (this should work even if the fob battery is dead)

Thanks for your comment i appreciate that. I knew about the key but not about the touch, so thanks for that bit of information. Gonna try the spare fob and see how the car reacts to that. It's so strange as it's intermittent.

With regards the battery, I'll bear that in mind. I replaced it for like and a Google search also says 2032, but like you say, if it's only diameter it shouldn't make too much of a difference. The fob is clearly being powered.

Nip into your local Nissan dealer, then again if it's anything like ours they are only interested in you if you are buying a new car !
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants