Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Groups

24 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    I’m a mechanic, go for petrol if just using mainly locally or you will end up with DPF issues, especially on the Renault diesel that is in the Nissans 
    Author
    Thanks In petrol which one you recommend tilting towards qashqai as I believe it's Japanese and have timing chains means reliability
  2. Avatar
    Juke petrol would be my shout, with the only concern being boot space.
    Author
    Yeah that's what pushes me to qashqai
  3. Avatar
    Citroen C4 Cactus. Get the petrol. Cheap tax, economic to run and very well regarded.

Some people like the looks, some don't.
    Author
    Yeah its looks
  4. Avatar
    I was going to go with a qashqai but heard they had a few problems... i went with a 2019 kuga and been very happy with it
  5. Avatar
    Size of family?
    Roughly annual mileage?
    Motorway or local miles?
    Where are you driving (Ulez)?

Without knowing the above, it would be hard to advise.
    Author
    Thanks
    Family of 4
    10000 per year mostly local
    Not botherd about ulez
  6. Avatar
    Avoid nissan qashqai at all, do more research they call it cashcow. Its not reliable.
    Author
    I believed they are reliable which one you suggest than
  7. Avatar
    Juke isn't really an SUV. Its small inside.
    Qashqai isn't reliable at all. One problem after another.

Would you consider something in the Honda range? CRV? (edited)
    Author
    Thanks Honda's are out of budget mate
  8. Avatar
    Completely subjective, my brother-in-law has had a Duke from new, 6 years and nothing has gone wrong with it. He has a family of 5.
    If you look online there are many reports of the Quahqai being problematic, but its a super popular suv, so proportionately a lot of them on the road to go wrong and many are getting old.
    Personally, I'd go for a Skoda Yeti, petrol. Tend to be owned by older folk and looked after. (edited)
    I like the Dukes:

9. Avatar
    I've got a petrol Kuga and it's been very reliable so far. Sure it only manages around 36mpg and mines been remapped but prefer it to the Qashqai.
  10. Avatar
    Auto or manual
    Author
    Manual
  11. Avatar
    Love my diesel juke.
    Great for commuting to work on m4
    Boot is only small if want to put suitcases in, when we go anywhere we use hold-alls and bags and can actually get a load in there.
    Have also picked up roof bars and roof box and ideal for family holidays to the beach etc.
Top Merchants