NJ: PS3 YLOD + SOGA succes stories from GAME?

20 replies
Found 6th Feb 2011
Evening Misk

Ps3 decided to die on me today /sigh.

Was bought in Dec 08 from GAME.

Been looking online about SOGA/YLOD found template letters etc, but just want a good old bit of misk advice.
Is my best bet to
A) send a template letter straight to GAME HQ
B) Ring cust services
C) ring the store and see what their policy is

Also has anyone had any success with GAME for ylod and if so can you give a little input.

thanks

20 Comments

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…916 ]

Ben3110

Purchased from Gamestation

thesaint

Read up on the Sale of goods Act, visit the CAB of consumer direct, get a … Read up on the Sale of goods Act, visit the CAB of consumer direct, get a case number, and then approach Gamestation to tell them that you expected it to last longer than just over 2 years after paying £300+for it.They will state a load of incorrect bumph, but hold your corner.At worst, you will have to take them to the small claims court which will cost them more than its worth.Or bend over and take it.

BFN,

fp.

its real easy to fix, just dust on the components.

generaloneill

Incorrect.

surely ur just screwed, its over 2yrs old? they aint just gna dole u out a new one... id give the old shake and vac a go...

thesaint

Incorrect.

Yeah, and in some cases use a heat gun yadda yadda.

Takes a few hours tops.

can have mine till its fixed, dont use it anyway

acecatcher3

Awww that's nice. Numpty why can't you be nice like Ace?

acecatcher3

Just swap it with him. Yours magically got fixed but his got the YLOD.

generaloneill

Yeah, and in some cases use a heat gun yadda yadda.Takes a few hours tops.

And repeat this every week. Fun

Original Poster

Lol luke I thought you sold yours? I'll give cust services a call tomoz, reading on some forums some people had some good things to say about game, getting repairs/200 quid gift card for new ps3 etc.

Original Poster

generaloneill

My bros 60gb broke the other month. He did the reflow thermal paste thing etc etc...worked for a week or so and is now broken lol, so I'm not going down that avenue

numptyj

Lol luke I thought you sold yours? I'll give cust services a call tomoz, … Lol luke I thought you sold yours? I'll give cust services a call tomoz, reading on some forums some people had some good things to say about game, getting repairs/200 quid gift card for new ps3 etc.

nah didnt bother, just gathers dust unless i buy a new bluray, if they want to repair it or there isnt a quick fix, txt me tomorrow and ill drop it round b4 i go uni

edit: im driving to uni now tonight aswell so if u want me to bring it round b4 i go then let me know

numptyj

My bros 60gb broke the other month. He did the reflow thermal paste thing … My bros 60gb broke the other month. He did the reflow thermal paste thing etc etc...worked for a week or so and is now broken lol, so I'm not going down that avenue

do that then sell to cex?

Ring them.

I emailed them and heard nothing so rang them. Didn't take any persuading, just quoted 'Sales of Goods Act' and they were fully co-operative.

When I did it a year ago, they had to send it to TotalConsoleRepair. If you see any reviews, you'll know they are awful. I got it back and it lasted about 30mins. Sent it back (customer services basically admittedly they probably wouldn't fix it but it's policy to get them to repair it atleast twice). TotalConsoleRepair then decided it wasn't economically viable for repair and notified Game of this. They then send you a gift card for the value of a pre-owned 60gb PS3 (or whatever version you have).

I bought a 250gb slim with mine. Traded in the games I got with it and only cost me £30/40 cash. I lost my PS3 over exam period and paid £30/40 for a 250gb hard drive and my console to be shrinked (and got a new controller)! Pretty happy now, but was frustrating back then having to deal with TCR.

joeprosho

surely ur just screwed, its over 2yrs old? they aint just gna dole u out … surely ur just screwed, its over 2yrs old? they aint just gna dole u out a new one... id give the old shake and vac a go...

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…924 ]

not_the_messiah

...I have a legally binding contract for six years...

fanpages

When “The Sale of Goods Act 1979″ was amended in 1994 it included a cla … When “The Sale of Goods Act 1979″ was amended in 1994 it included a clause to say that goods purchased from a trader must correspond with the description, be of satisfactory quality, & be fit for purpose with a continued operation over a “reasonable” length of time.If the goods are not of “satisfactory quality” you are entitled to claim a refund or compensation (that typically represents the cost of any repairs).You may make a claim up to five (in Scotland) or six years after the initial purchase date. You do not have a six year warranty.The retailer, not the manufacturer, is legally obliged to resolve any issue with the goods.The terms of the Consumer Law are in excess of the standard one-year guarantee provided by the manufacturer.Extended warranties are, again, in addition to the cover provided by “The Sale of Goods Act”.

BFN,

fp.

My 60 gig model has lasted 5 months so far, as long as you keep it relatively cool.

Original Poster

emhaslam

Ring them.I emailed them and heard nothing so rang them. Didn't take any … Ring them.I emailed them and heard nothing so rang them. Didn't take any persuading, just quoted 'Sales of Goods Act' and they were fully co-operative.When I did it a year ago, they had to send it to TotalConsoleRepair. If you see any reviews, you'll know they are awful. I got it back and it lasted about 30mins. Sent it back (customer services basically admittedly they probably wouldn't fix it but it's policy to get them to repair it atleast twice). TotalConsoleRepair then decided it wasn't economically viable for repair and notified Game of this. They then send you a gift card for the value of a pre-owned 60gb PS3 (or whatever version you have).I bought a 250gb slim with mine. Traded in the games I got with it and only cost me £30/40 cash. I lost my PS3 over exam period and paid £30/40 for a 250gb hard drive and my console to be shrinked (and got a new controller)! Pretty happy now, but was frustrating back then having to deal with TCR.

cool thanks!
Its sods law that my ps3 broke today just when I have 2 weeks off work. At least my xbox can stream my media to my tv so I have stuff to keep me amused!

thesaint

Incorrect.

Isnt it just!

Original Poster

update:

given GAME cust serv a ring they were helpful and someones gonna call me back tomorrow in regards to arranging a repair.

Hopefully what will happen though is it will break again and GAME will give me a new one. I hope lol.

Edited by: "numptyj" 7th Feb 2011

Original Poster

UPDATE

Ps3 came back today fixed...put a disc in and the fans went mental (the same way if you press eject whilst turning on) So it's still mashed.

Game will be getting a call tomorrow, I'm not that good with confrontations on the phone though lol, but gonna see if I can blag a replacement console this weekend rather than having to get TCR to attempt a repair again like emhaslam said happened when he had console issues.

Edited by: "numptyj" 24th Feb 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Foo fighters presale code.3642
    2. Mobile WiFi calling?22
    3. Can you improve my PC build?44
    4. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed432

See more discussions