No claim bonus

Found 28th Nov 2017
I was involved in an accident but in a company's van. When i inform my personal (car) insurer about this accident will it effect my NCB? And how much does it effect the premiums at the renewals? Any ideas? Any guess?

Kind help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

If you don't tell them and you have an accident, liable our not, you could find yourself in a whole heap of trouble. Best to tell them (it all goes on the insurance data base) and bite the bullet.
As for affecting you...it may or may not, it all depends on your employers insurance company.

It will not effect your no claims bonus as you will not have had a claim. It may increase your premium though as you will be regarded a higher risk.
failure to disclose the accident when asked could invalidate your insuranc

mrty54 m ago

If you don't tell them and you have an accident, liable our not, you could …If you don't tell them and you have an accident, liable our not, you could find yourself in a whole heap of trouble. Best to tell them (it all goes on the insurance data base) and bite the bullet. As for affecting you...it may or may not, it all depends on your employers insurance company.

What is giving you the impression that the op is not going to tell his insurance co...... it says "when not "if"

farmlama1 h, 39 m ago

It will not effect your no claims bonus as you will not have had a claim. …It will not effect your no claims bonus as you will not have had a claim. It may increase your premium though as you will be regarded a higher risk.failure to disclose the accident when asked could invalidate your insuranc

This^

steve.t1 h, 13 m ago

What is giving you the impression that the op is not going to tell his …What is giving you the impression that the op is not going to tell his insurance co...... it says "when not "if"

Didn't mean to imply any dishonesty on behalf of Op (apologies if any offence caused), simply meant to say that it is something that had to be done, though some people don't. On a plus side I have had a couple of claims whilst driving a bus, fully reported and reported to insurance company (personal) with no affects to premiums or NCB.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated

Insurance companies are in the business to make money. They make more when they don't pay out. Don't give them an excuse not to pay out. Declare it. (Not meant to sound patronising).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions