Expired

No claims bonus is over 2 years old. Who will insure me?

Found 7th Aug 2013
Hello everyone,

This may be strange request, but does anyone know of any insurance companies that will accept a no claims discount over 2 years old?

I have 7 years no claims, but I haven't insured a car for a frustrating 2 years and 4 months due to various reasons.

The only company I can find that will accept up to a 3 year gap is Co-Op but it's cheaper to be insured else where with zero years no claims.

Any advice? Any insurance companies that do not ask for proof or is that too risky?

Thanks peeps.

8 Comments

Have you phoned your most recent provider? They may do something over the phone to get your business back?

Original Poster

Thanks Smashed, but I tried & they said as it is over 2yrs they cannot offer a no claims discount. This was Hastings Direct.

Can you not insure with coop for a year then change to another after?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2785780&page=1

Check out Aviva, AXA Car insurance, and Adrian Flux.

EDIT: Actually it looks like Aviva have changed to 2 years. maybe call them and ask?

Original Poster

Doors

Can you not insure with coop for a year then change to another after?

I think this is what I will have to do for now. Take the hit for one year, but then jump to the cheapest next year.

I'm also awaiting a call back from Adrian Flux. I've never heard of them, are they any good?

I tried Adrian Flux and they were a lot more expensive than Co-Op. My NCD is more than two years but less than three years old.

Damo2015

I tried Adrian Flux and they were a lot more expensive than Co-Op. My NCD … I tried Adrian Flux and they were a lot more expensive than Co-Op. My NCD is more than two years but less than three years old.

​About the same age as this thread!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants