Groups

No Claims discount

Anyone know if i had 6 years no claims but have no had insurance for 12 months are my no claims still valid or do i have to start again?

8 Comments

Depends on the company, you will want to find one that does support it.

Twinks, many companies set time limits on how long you haven't had insurance after which they do not allow your NCB to be accepted, fully or at all.

if you fill out an online application for car insurance for which ever company you fancy, it will say on the proof of NCD page/section how long a pause between policies they accept. Could fone them, same either way.

My insurers only allow a break of inside a year, while my last company allowed upto 2 years break for instance.

Your previous insurers should be able to provide you with proof of NCB even if you are no longer insured, as they are supposed to keep copies of all correspondence for 6 years.

Original Poster

just had a call from Admiral they hold the no claims bonus for 2 years if you have no insurance in the interium

the AA also had a 2 year gap policy last time I checked.

i think most of them are 2 yrs
    my sister and her husband used to swap every other year to keep their insurance NCB

octobergirl;2524540

i think most of them are 2 yrsmy sister and her husband used to swap … i think most of them are 2 yrsmy sister and her husband used to swap every other year to keep their insurance NCB

ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?22
      2. sky q is it a good deal?55
      3. Speccing a gaming pc37
      4. help: windows 10 wifi issue55

See more discussions