No control over my posted deals?

Posted 21st Dec 2019Edited by:"H0TDEALER"
Hi,

I have posted deals which have expired, now they’ve come to life. I have no option to expire them.

I have deals that I deleted which have now come back to life. I have no option to delete, edit or expire.

My heat ratings are sliding. A little unfair
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
H0TDEALER21/12/2019 01:00

Brilliant thanks.Hit deal percentage59% down to 57%

Are people really bothered about their stats?

Your reason for posting deals seems all wrong.
Edited by: "Gollywood" 21st Dec 2019
17 Comments
Which one?
I reported them as expired, which is all I can do
Hopefully a mod can chime in
Brilliant thanks.

Hit deal percentage
59% down to 57%
Tried expiring / editing them from my PC as well but still not showing any options. How weird!
rev621/12/2019 00:59

I reported them as expired, which is all I can do Hopefully a mod can …I reported them as expired, which is all I can do Hopefully a mod can chime in

How do I contact admin?
What’s the username via the email message system that I send to?
Edited by: "H0TDEALER" 21st Dec 2019
H0TDEALER21/12/2019 01:08

How do I contact admin?What’s the username via the email message system t …How do I contact admin?What’s the username via the email message system that I send to?

@andywedge has been helpful with me.
Hi @H0TDAMN
If a deal is not gaining the temperature that you would like I'm afraid that is not a reason to expire or delete a thread. A deal should only be expired if it actually is expired e.g the price has changed or it is now out of stock (I have expired the backpack as it is no longer £76.47 and is now £264 - clearly was a good price when you posted, but sadly, voting doesn't always go the way you'd expect).
You should only be deleting threads if they are incorrect, duplicates, unsafe merchants. You shouldn't be deleting a thread based on it's temperature.
As the Gauntlet is none of these (and still the price it was when you posted) it has no reason to be deleted, or expired.
Hope that all makes sense.
As I said, above, some threads we post don't always go the way we'd hope.
andywedge21/12/2019 01:18

Hi @H0TDAMN If a deal is not gaining the temperature that you would like …Hi @H0TDAMN If a deal is not gaining the temperature that you would like I'm afraid that is not a reason to expire or delete a thread. A deal should only be expired if it actually is expired e.g the price has changed or it is now out of stock (I have expired the backpack as it is no longer £76.47 and is now £264 - clearly was a good price when you posted, but sadly, voting doesn't always go the way you'd expect).You should only be deleting threads if they are incorrect, duplicates, unsafe merchants. You shouldn't be deleting a thread based on it's temperature.As the Gauntlet is none of these (and still the price it was when you posted) it has no reason to be deleted, or expired.Hope that all makes sense.As I said, above, some threads we post don't always go the way we'd hope.

Okay nice one thanks for your help. When going to post a deal I search to see if the same deal already exists. Sometimes it doesn’t show up in the search so I post my deal then suddenly I’m pointed to the exact deal listed by a fellow member.

Am I doing something wrong?
H0TDEALER21/12/2019 01:00

Brilliant thanks.Hit deal percentage59% down to 57%

Are people really bothered about their stats?

Your reason for posting deals seems all wrong.
Edited by: "Gollywood" 21st Dec 2019
Gollywood21/12/2019 01:32

Are people really bothered about their stats?Your reason for posting deals …Are people really bothered about their stats?Your reason for posting deals seems all wrong.

The end results of my postings benefit and have benefited many which is the main reason I post, to help others to find a great deal
H0TDEALER21/12/2019 01:23

Okay nice one thanks for your help. When going to post a deal I search to …Okay nice one thanks for your help. When going to post a deal I search to see if the same deal already exists. Sometimes it doesn’t show up in the search so I post my deal then suddenly I’m pointed to the exact deal listed by a fellow member.Am I doing something wrong?

Nope. The 'Search' function isn't great and if just one word or letter is out of place you don't always get the results you expect
andywedge21/12/2019 02:15

Nope. The 'Search' function isn't great and if just one word or letter is …Nope. The 'Search' function isn't great and if just one word or letter is out of place you don't always get the results you expect

Alright cheers!
H0TDEALER21/12/2019 01:23

Okay nice one thanks for your help. When going to post a deal I search to …Okay nice one thanks for your help. When going to post a deal I search to see if the same deal already exists. Sometimes it doesn’t show up in the search so I post my deal then suddenly I’m pointed to the exact deal listed by a fellow member.Am I doing something wrong?

andywedge21/12/2019 02:15

Nope. The 'Search' function isn't great and if just one word or letter is …Nope. The 'Search' function isn't great and if just one word or letter is out of place you don't always get the results you expect

I often struggle with the search facility I always use it before posting a deal to check the previous price the item has been sold at or to make sure it’s not a duplicate but I also find results don’t come up for me. I can do search not see the deal I’m wanting to post, I go ahead and post it then straight away get a link to the duplicate that i’ve just searched for and it didn’t come up
Your heat ratings, is this for each deal?

There are people out there who will vote negative just for the sake of it, it's beggers belief.
rimalpatel00721/12/2019 06:49

Your heat ratings, is this for each deal?There are people out there who …Your heat ratings, is this for each deal?There are people out there who will vote negative just for the sake of it, it's beggers belief.

correct, also people out there who give heat to posters they like.

probably without even reading the post and just because they got a good deal from them many moons ago!
But the Ironman Glove is even cheaper than when you first posted it, so why is it expired?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants