No eggs

Posted 27th Apr
I've been hunting eggs in my local supermarkets since Friday last week. I try go early as possible however always find shelves empty.
Iceland is where I get them 2 boxes of 12 for £1.60

Any tips on how to source eggs.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

52 Comments
Get a hen...
Have you no local delivery service available from a local farmer/milkman?
strange, always loads in my local Aldi and Tesco, and even Home&Bargain have had some the past few times
Try Aldi or FarmFoods have plenty near me
sohailh198427/04/2020 17:16

Have you no local delivery service available from a local farmer/milkman?

No idea how to find one
Do you have a lidl I find most of the time you are able to find eggs there.. co-op too has had eggs but its better when you know the delivery date as they run out fast..
My local butchers had eggs last time I went, Co-Op had eggs on Saturday (I went just before 7pm so not early) and Asda had eggs this morning. It seems you’re just eggxtra unlucky
If you live near the countryside maybe a farmer or villager will have a sign up selling them
Alexandralocks27/04/2020 17:19

Do you have a lidl I find most of the time you are able to find eggs …Do you have a lidl I find most of the time you are able to find eggs there.. co-op too has had eggs but its better when you know the delivery date as they run out fast..

I did go Lidl, all empty.

Ukguy10127/04/2020 17:23

If you live near the countryside maybe a farmer or villager will have a …If you live near the countryside maybe a farmer or villager will have a sign up selling them

In London, so no near one.
ChelseaRae27/04/2020 17:20

My local butchers had eggs last time I went, Co-Op had eggs on Saturday (I …My local butchers had eggs last time I went, Co-Op had eggs on Saturday (I went just before 7pm so not early) and Asda had eggs this morning. It seems you’re just eggxtra unlucky

Thanks I'll try co-op which is a 5min drive away
rimalpatel00727/04/2020 17:26

I also mentioned co-op..Call first and ask what time delivery is as the one near us people wait outside and within 5mins all the eggs are gone.
rimalpatel00727/04/2020 17:26

If I’ve been going to Co-Op specifically for an item I’ve called and asked if they’ve got it before going and the staff have been very accommodating, they also told me their deliveries are 2pm most days so best time to go is around 3-4pm when they’ve had chance to restock but it’s probably different for your local so perhaps worth asking. Hope you get some
So you made a number of not exactly necessary trips for just eggs... way to go.
Costco always have them.
Farmers, Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, Morrison’s all have them by me
i noticed the lack of eggs recently and wonder what everyone is doing with them?? are people like baking lots of cakes as they are now stuck indoors and got nothing to do so digging out grandma's cake recipe?

my local sainsburys had no eggs today and tesco no longer sell the cheap eggs, only the more expensive ones. not sure why the supermarkets are not stocking up on eggs as i assume the chickens are still laying the eggs.
Cant get any for love not money in coop/asda/ tesco, but local one stop in the estate has loads
As rare as hens teeth
I find rice hard to find in stores
Maybe they're all sold out because of all the selfish people who like to buy 24 at a time rather than making do with 6.
mutley127/04/2020 19:33

i noticed the lack of eggs recently and wonder what everyone is doing with …i noticed the lack of eggs recently and wonder what everyone is doing with them?? are people like baking lots of cakes as they are now stuck indoors and got nothing to do so digging out grandma's cake recipe?my local sainsburys had no eggs today and tesco no longer sell the cheap eggs, only the more expensive ones. not sure why the supermarkets are not stocking up on eggs as i assume the chickens are still laying the eggs.

That was my guess cooking as nothing to do as flour seems unavailable as much. But my local supermarket have eggs but no flower, no one hardly walks in the toilet roll aisle now lol
Edited by: "MR1123" 27th Apr
There's been no shortage here for weeks now, every store I've been in has them. Even Aldi at around 9pm on Saturday just gone had a few boxes left.
MR112327/04/2020 21:51

That was my guess cooking as nothing to do as flour seems unavailable as …That was my guess cooking as nothing to do as flour seems unavailable as much. But my local supermarket have eggs but no flower, no one hardly walks in the toilet roll aisle now lol

here is a story about a toilet roll hoarder who was hoping to profit from selling on the toilet rolls at inflated prices trying to get a refund from the supermarkets for 4,800 toilet rolls and was refused.

express.co.uk/new…ing

i reckon if he has to use them all himself it would take him more than 90 years, lol that is what i call retribution in its finest form
Had none here for a couple of weeks then saw this out on my bike
40559105-NNxBy.jpgbeen fine in Aldi since then
Never had any problems... Try smaller shops or petrol garage shops
Wongy11027/04/2020 22:14

Had none here for a couple of weeks then saw this out on my bike[Image] …Had none here for a couple of weeks then saw this out on my bike[Image] been fine in Aldi since then

Lmao
Wongy11027/04/2020 22:14

Had none here for a couple of weeks then saw this out on my bike[Image] …Had none here for a couple of weeks then saw this out on my bike[Image] been fine in Aldi since then

saw a few of those when we were on holiday in the peak district last year. i thought it was very trusting of the farms that people would take the eggs and put the money in the coffee jar as payment as they cycle past, lol
Quite a good stock in Waitrose. I especially like the Burford Browns
Might be worthwhile trying local or express stores (smaller supermarket stores) - that worked for my brother recently. He wasn't having much luck in the huge superstores but a local Co-op had the missing items on his shopping list.

I'm surrounded by smaller supermarkets so I've probably found it easier than most, and haven't had to queue much. Found eggs quite hard to find as well in the last week or so, but Aldi came up trumps
spoo27/04/2020 20:56

Maybe they're all sold out because of all the selfish people who like to …Maybe they're all sold out because of all the selfish people who like to buy 24 at a time rather than making do with 6.

Maybe the selfish people need more than 6? Ever thought that maybe they have more mouths to feed and don't want to keep going out shopping for eggs?
Alexandralocks27/04/2020 23:52

Maybe the selfish people need more than 6? Ever thought that maybe they …Maybe the selfish people need more than 6? Ever thought that maybe they have more mouths to feed and don't want to keep going out shopping for eggs?

Agreed. I myself get 24 at a time which gets eaten well before expiry date.
FYI Protein is consumed at a good balance.
Okay so I managed to secure a box of 12 free rage eggs for £1.80 from Iceland. It's the only range of eggs they had so it will do for next week or so.

I can now put my egg diliema to rest.
rimalpatel00727/04/2020 23:56

Agreed. I myself get 24 at a time which gets eaten well before expiry …Agreed. I myself get 24 at a time which gets eaten well before expiry date. FYI Protein is consumed at a good balance.

rimalpatel007:
Okay so I managed to secure a box of 12 free rage eggs for £1.80 from Iceland. It's the only range of eggs they had so it will do for next week or so.

I can now put my egg diliema to rest.

How long will that last though. My Partner dropped eggs that were a fresh packet while trying to put them back in the fridge...dog ended up with having scrambled eggs with his lunch
Edited by: "Alexandralocks" 28th Apr
Alexandralocks28/04/2020 00:05

rimalpatel007:Okay so I managed to secure a box of 12 free rage eggs for …rimalpatel007:Okay so I managed to secure a box of 12 free rage eggs for £1.80 from Iceland. It's the only range of eggs they had so it will do for next week or so. I can now put my egg diliema to rest.How long will that last though. My Partner dropped eggs that were a fresh packet while trying to put them back in the fridge...dog ended up with having scrambled eggs with his lunch

Will last 5 days, with all the tips provided I will shop smart going forward 😁.

It's been an egg-tastic response from the community.
rimalpatel00728/04/2020 00:19

Will last 5 days, with all the tips provided I will shop smart going …Will last 5 days, with all the tips provided I will shop smart going forward 😁.It's been an egg-tastic response from the community.

Eggcellent
My tip would be to avoid the disgusting Iceland battery farmed eggs
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions