No essential work staff must stay at home ??

Posted 24th Mar
I’m Confused about this going to work situation.

I’m on days off at the min and work in manufacturing ?
Community Updates
Ask
29 Comments
Have you asked your employer for clarification?
Yes messaged management and no answer
Everyone can go to work unless you have to work at home. If your employer shuts the business then you obviously can’t go.

It’s really as simple as that. It’s nothing to do with being a key/essential worker.
IamMT24/03/2020 09:57

Have you asked your employer for clarification?

What I mean is it’s not there decision it’s the governments , what I’m asking is who should be going and who should not
i got a bit worried last night when the BBC newscaster was asking her colleague who was their political correspondent to clarify who exactly can go to work and her colleague replied that only those where their worked is deemed to be "absolutely necessary", which means the key workers as only their work is absolutely necessary.

i googled who can go to work but didn't really get anywhere so i looked again this morning to check and i was relieved to see that it would appear to be that people can continue to go to work and not the just the key workers. so i think you should be fine unless your employer has made the decision or been told to close by the government.
mutley124/03/2020 10:02

i got a bit worried last night when the BBC newscaster was asking her …i got a bit worried last night when the BBC newscaster was asking her colleague who was their political correspondent to clarify who exactly can go to work and her colleague replied that only those where their worked is deemed to be "absolutely necessary", which means the key workers as only their work is absolutely necessary.i googled who can go to work but didn't really get anywhere so i looked again this morning to check and i was relieved to see that it would appear to be that people can continue to go to work and not the just the key workers. so i think you should be fine unless your employer has made the decision or been told to close by the government.

Ok this is what I was wanting to know as Boris just made it all very confusing and the mirror today don’t help by saying this
40174970-b397H.jpg
The first line ?
Biddy224/03/2020 10:01

Everyone can go to work unless you have to work at home. If your employer …Everyone can go to work unless you have to work at home. If your employer shuts the business then you obviously can’t go. It’s really as simple as that. It’s nothing to do with being a key/essential worker.

I’m not sure that’s true. I saw a list earlier that the government have made to clarify who is allowed to work. I’ve just been trying to find it again but can’t It details each sector and who within that sector is allowed to work. It’s all so confusing though as they are giving so many mixed messages.
ashmac24/03/2020 10:05

The first line ?

just found this, which was published 4 hours ago. that seems to confirm what the newscaster was saying yesterday that only key workers can go to work. the article states the key workers were defined for children to stay at home and not this new lock down so the government may issue a new list of key workers, who they deemed to be necessary. i think in practicality everyone will continue to go to work until their employer tells them not to as only their employer can know for certain if the government wants them to close the business. the difficulty at the moment is for the self employed people, who have less guidance.

no doubt we will get more clarification today and i am guessing most people would have gone to work this morning if their employer is still open.

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new…005
vics21924/03/2020 10:10

I’m not sure that’s true. I saw a list earlier that the government have mad …I’m not sure that’s true. I saw a list earlier that the government have made to clarify who is allowed to work. I’ve just been trying to find it again but can’t It details each sector and who within that sector is allowed to work. It’s all so confusing though as they are giving so many mixed messages.

Says it on the .Gov website. assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/gov…pdf

40175069-ePYyx.jpg
The key workers part applies to sending kids to school. List of government forced closures are here. assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/gov…pdf

It’s a lockdown but not really a lockdown lockdown I think.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 24th Mar
Biddy224/03/2020 10:15

Says it on the .Gov website. …Says it on the .Gov website. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/874742/Full_guidance_on_staying_at_home_and_away_from_others__1_.pdf[Image] The key workers part applies to sending kids to school.

Yeh they said since then that only those carrying out essential work could do so. The article posted above has the list I mentioned. It seems the government don’t even know what they mean yet I’m hoping it will be clarified later as I still don’t know if I can work or not, and belong self employed means I don’t get any financial help

It’s a mess really. This morning Gove went on tv and clearly stated that kid’s couldn’t move from one parent’s home to the other. Even when challenged he said they had to stay in one house. Then he completely backtracked. No wonder people are confused. All the information should be available as soon as the announcement is made.

hi btw
vics21924/03/2020 10:23

Yeh they said since then that only those carrying out essential work could …Yeh they said since then that only those carrying out essential work could do so. The article posted above has the list I mentioned. It seems the government don’t even know what they mean yet I’m hoping it will be clarified later as I still don’t know if I can work or not, and belong self employed means I don’t get any financial help It’s a mess really. This morning Gove went on tv and clearly stated that kid’s couldn’t move from one parent’s home to the other. Even when challenged he said they had to stay in one house. Then he completely backtracked. No wonder people are confused. All the information should be available as soon as the announcement is made. hi btw

Everyone has been confused regarding last night’s speech!
Couldn’t boris make a list and read on tv

Yeh they said since then that only those carrying out essential work could …Yeh they said since then that only those carrying out essential work could do so. The article posted above has the list I mentioned. It seems the government don’t even know what they mean yet I’m hoping it will be clarified later as I still don’t know if I can work or not, and belong self employed means I don’t get any financial help It’s a mess really. This morning Gove went on tv and clearly stated that kid’s couldn’t move from one parent’s home to the other. Even when challenged he said they had to stay in one house. Then he completely backtracked. No wonder people are confused. All the information should be available as soon as the announcement is made. hi btw

They should be doing more to help people like yourself. They’re a like bunch of clowns at the moment.

I did read that apparently there was a threat of a mutiny in the cabinet that forced their hand to announce the lockdown so I wouldn’t be shocked if it was rushed.

Oh and hi. Hope you’re doing ok apart from the worries about money.
Misslovely24/03/2020 10:52

Everyone has been confused regarding last night’s speech! Couldn’t boris ma …Everyone has been confused regarding last night’s speech! Couldn’t boris make a list and read on tv

i think the problem was that he made the announcement immediately from coming out of a cobra emergency meeting, where lockdown was decided so they hadn't got all the facts considered before they made the announcement. also lockdown was immediate so people were not not given a chance to prepare.

i think we will get more details throughout today and tomorrow when the government think tank has had time to analyse the lockdown situation. the government want to lockdown but they have to balance that with how to keep society going and that is not an easy situation and will need time to assess.
Edited by: "mutley1" 24th Mar
All businesses have had to go in today to prepare the closure and get rid/sell stock which will go out of date like sandwich shops
Gosh boris is so bad
Biddy224/03/2020 10:15

Says it on the .Gov website. …Says it on the .Gov website. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/874742/Full_guidance_on_staying_at_home_and_away_from_others__1_.pdf[Image] The key workers part applies to sending kids to school. List of government forced closures are here. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/874732/230320_-_Revised_guidance_note_-_finalVF.pdf It’s a lockdown but not really a lockdown lockdown I think.

Only we could make such a mess of this

What about the 1 exercise a day? is there someone outside everyone's house to make no more than 1 exercise is done outdoors? what about the no more than 2 people out unless they're family, how are they going to tell if they're family or not?

So many questions...so few answers
deleted8085824/03/2020 10:56

viccles. Long time no speak, hope you're well

Couldn’t be better Hope you’re hanging on in there, bro. The threat of the virus hitting you at 120 years old must be worrying
Biddy224/03/2020 10:56

They should be doing more to help people like yourself. They’re a like b …They should be doing more to help people like yourself. They’re a like bunch of clowns at the moment. I did read that apparently there was a threat of a mutiny in the cabinet that forced their hand to announce the lockdown so I wouldn’t be shocked if it was rushed. Oh and hi. Hope you’re doing ok apart from the worries about money.

I swear they couldn’t organise a blow job in a brothel

(can you say blow job here now? If not, you can just fill that blank in yourself. Should be fun guessing what I meant )

Im ok thanks, I’m alive anyway ha! Hope you’re doing ok too. No doubt you’ll be keeping everyone’s spirits up
maccy1i24/03/2020 11:29

Only we could make such a mess of this What about the 1 exercise a …Only we could make such a mess of this What about the 1 exercise a day? is there someone outside everyone's house to make no more than 1 exercise is done outdoors? what about the no more than 2 people out unless they're family, how are they going to tell if they're family or not? So many questions...so few answers

I’m just hoping the exercise isn’t compulsory to be honest
vics21924/03/2020 11:45

I’m just hoping the exercise isn’t compulsory to be honest

Deekles said I could have his

Only we could make such a mess of this What about the 1 exercise a …Only we could make such a mess of this What about the 1 exercise a day? is there someone outside everyone's house to make no more than 1 exercise is done outdoors? what about the no more than 2 people out unless they're family, how are they going to tell if they're family or not? So many questions...so few answers

what has been enacted isn't going to be enforceable in practice as there are not enough police officers around for a start. it relies on people obeying the law and not having to wait until they are caught. most people will probably ignore it until they see a few peole being caught and fined and shown as an example.

depends on how long the lock down is, but they could have an app where you get a green card to go out and that can have a time limit. so once that has expired you won't be able to go out again. they are using this in wuhan at the moment, not for the excercise but for people to leave to go to work. they have to get this green card from an app. it doesn't have a time limit but that feature is easily added like the freebie vouchers that are already in existence.

you can only go out with one person unless they are your family, family means anyone who lives with you. so it will be easy for them to identify if the people with you are living with you if they wanted to look into it. in europe everyone has ID card and in the countries that already have lockdown, citizens are required to take their ID card with them when they leave the house. we could be asked to bring with ID with us in a similar way.

there will be measures available to enforce the law if people don't listen.

Wait, it’s 1 exercise a day? I’ll choose squats then. Going to have an amazing booty by the end of this.

vics21924/03/2020 11:43

I swear they couldn’t organise a blow job in a brothel (can you say blow j …I swear they couldn’t organise a blow job in a brothel (can you say blow job here now? If not, you can just fill that blank in yourself. Should be fun guessing what I meant )

Now kiddies who are off school and may be reading this, what Auntie Vics means is the art of glass blowing. Oh and get on with your school work. Skiving little sh*ts.

vics21924/03/2020 11:43

Im ok thanks, I’m alive anyway ha! Hope you’re doing ok too. No doubt you …Im ok thanks, I’m alive anyway ha! Hope you’re doing ok too. No doubt you’ll be keeping everyone’s spirits up

Good good. I’m ok ta. Keep getting texts telling me to stay home though. First from the government, then the NHS, then my brothers, nephew... List goes on. To be honest, I’m beginning to take it a bit personal. Feels like everyone thinks I’m a menace to society.
Biddy224/03/2020 12:03

Wait, it’s 1 exercise a day? I’ll choose squats then. Going to have an ama …Wait, it’s 1 exercise a day? I’ll choose squats then. Going to have an amazing booty by the end of this. Now kiddies who are off school and may be reading this, what Auntie Vics means is the art of glass blowing. Oh and get on with your school work. Skiving little sh*ts. Good good. I’m ok ta. Keep getting texts telling me to stay home though. First from the government, then the NHS, then my brothers, nephew... List goes on. To be honest, I’m beginning to take it a bit personal. Feels like everyone thinks I’m a menace to society.

Why would they be glass blowing in a brothel?
vics21924/03/2020 14:26

Why would they be glass blowing in a brothel?

I dunno. Some kinky people about isn’t there?
My wife's confused about what she should do! She's working from but she has to send out some post. The Post Office will only allow it to go to one Post Office as it goes through a franking machine. So we're going to have to drive 8 miles to the street next to her work just to use that PO!

You'd think the PO would relax these petty rules, but no...
ashmac24/03/2020 10:04

Ok this is what I was wanting to know as Boris just made it all very …Ok this is what I was wanting to know as Boris just made it all very confusing and the mirror today don’t help by saying this [Image]

Stop digging for articles for answers, if slmeotjkng is concrete it will be in all the me newspapers

So many grabbing headlines at the moment
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants