No Gas!! - Steel pipes need replacing to copper.... pricey job?

Found 22nd Jan 2009
Hiya folks...

I had somebody come round from the National Grid yesterday because I had a loss in pressure on my gas, therfore my Pilot light on my boiler kept switching off. It later seemed to be a blessing in disguise as I actually had a Gas Leak which was also causing the problem. My Gas supply has been switched off as it is dangerous, I have been told that I need to replace my Steel pipes with copper as the Steel pipes seems to have erosion. I've been told that this can be done externally to prevent having to rip up my fitted kitchen floor.. However would anyone know how much this job would set me back roughy? I require about 8 meters of copper piping plus installation.

Any Plumbers out there that can give me an indication on the cost of this job?

Many thanks!
Miss Money Penny

5 Comments

My o/h could give you an idea but he is working-will ask him later for you..

Original Poster

louloo;4151175

My o/h could give you an idea but he is working-will ask him later for … My o/h could give you an idea but he is working-will ask him later for you..

Thanks Louloo... Really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Copper Pipe On Outside? Might As Well Sellotape Fivers To Your Wall

Original Poster

louloo;4151175

My o/h could give you an idea but he is working-will ask him later for … My o/h could give you an idea but he is working-will ask him later for you..

raptorcigs;4151217

Copper Pipe On Outside? Might As Well Sellotape Fivers To Your Wall

LOL... I know its like lacing my house with gold... but I don't really have an option. Riping the kitchen up and having it done through the flooring would be a job and half plus it cost too much!! :x

As the piping would be laid in the garden.. I would hope it would be safe from prying eyes! :?

all depends on how long the job lasts :whistling:

£200 - £400
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771878
    2. Battered women won't be chased for TV licence fees: Vulnerable victims at r…1422
    3. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861908
    4. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1528

See more discussions