Groups

No HDMI output laptop > Monitor

Banned
    Recently did a clean install of xp without any of the drivers, HDMI used to work on my tv that I no longer have, but doesn't work on my monitor now. Never tried it before on this monitor but wondering whether it may be drivers ? Anybody know ?

An acer aspire 5738z if that makes any difference

5 Comments

Original Poster Banned

No one ?

Most likely...

If you go into the Device Manager, are there any devices with a yellow exclaimation mark?

Acer drivers section (before I forget): acer.co.uk/ace…862

When you get onto the driver section, you're obviously going to select "Notebook" then "Aspire" and then for the model, be sure to check the box to show all models, otherwise your machine won't show. Then find the XP drivers and go nuts

Is it possible that you need to tell the laptop to output to HDMI? Not entirely sure of this one, I'm perhaps thinking of linking to projectors... Consult the manual!

Is the laptop set to output the signal via hdmi. Maybe a redundant port UNTIL it is initialised, ie until you tell the laptop to actually output a signal via it.

Just a shot in the dark.

Original Poster Banned

Squelds;8462241

Is the laptop set to output the signal via hdmi. Maybe a redundant port … Is the laptop set to output the signal via hdmi. Maybe a redundant port UNTIL it is initialised, ie until you tell the laptop to actually output a signal via it.Just a shot in the dark.

DragonChris;8462208

Most likely... If you go into the Device Manager, are there any devices … Most likely... If you go into the Device Manager, are there any devices with a yellow exclaimation mark?Acer drivers section (before I forget): http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/service.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&miu10einu24.current.attN2B2F2EEF=3734&sp=page15e&ctx2.c2att1=17&miu10ekcond13.attN2B2F2EEF=3734&CountryISOCtxParam=UK&ctx1g.c2att92=122&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2980211862When you get onto the driver section, you're obviously going to select "Notebook" then "Aspire" and then for the model, be sure to check the box to show all models, otherwise your machine won't show. Then find the XP drivers and go nuts :pIs it possible that you need to tell the laptop to output to HDMI? Not entirely sure of this one, I'm perhaps thinking of linking to projectors... Consult the manual!

Thank guy's i'll try these methods see how it goes.
    Both repped

ryman1000;8462611

Thank guy's i'll try these methods see how it goes.Both repped

How did you get on?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2991055
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1016
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33180
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846324

See more discussions