No Internet

Posted 8th Apr
3437277.jpg
Dear Community,

Hoping someone can shed some light as I cannot find an article online that best fits my question. I am asking out of pure intrigue as its not causing any issue that I'm aware of but would like to correct it if at all possible.

I have full access to the Internet on my windows laptop, across all apps and browsers. However my WiFi status always states I have 'No Internet' and as per the attached screen shot. Any reason why the laptop believes there is no Internet on my home network, when there is?

Thank you for your attention and time.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Hi, unsure if this adds to the intrigue, my work Surface Pro, is the same connects and works online happily, but says, no Internet, spoke to IT, support, they said, it just displays like that, while my own to laptops dell & hp, show internet/WiFi connected
Have you tried restarting it? If that doesn’t work try reinstalling the WiFi driver.
The problem is likely to be a very recent windows update.
read this and the links contained within
forbes.com/sit…ee/

This is just one story covering the whole debacle of recent updates. If all you are suffering is a badly displayed icon telling you rubbish then consider yourself lucky! If your system is suffering in any nasty way then take corrective action
sidhoooooo08/04/2020 11:38

Hi, unsure if this adds to the intrigue, my work Surface Pro, is the same …Hi, unsure if this adds to the intrigue, my work Surface Pro, is the same connects and works online happily, but says, no Internet, spoke to IT, support, they said, it just displays like that, while my own to laptops dell & hp, show internet/WiFi connected

I agree with you. Slightly odd. It's not causing me any known issue just curious and couldn't find anything online to help
Had the same problem a few weeks ago tried the usual things then i disabled my wifi adapter and then enabled it again and all was well
ReecesWaffle9508/04/2020 12:12

Have you tried restarting it? If that doesn’t work try reinstalling the W …Have you tried restarting it? If that doesn’t work try reinstalling the WiFi driver.

Thanks for your response. I have done both to no avail.
tardytortoise08/04/2020 12:32

The problem is likely to be a very recent windows update.read this and the …The problem is likely to be a very recent windows update.read this and the links contained withinhttps://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/03/26/microsoft-windows-10-warning-crashes-boot-problems-no-internet-wifi-upgrade-windows-10-free/#7a5cca784846This is just one story covering the whole debacle of recent updates. If all you are suffering is a badly displayed icon telling you rubbish then consider yourself lucky! If your system is suffering in any nasty way then take corrective action

Thanks for sharing this article, which does help to provide some comfort.

Yes all I seem to be suffering is a badly displayed icon so I will count myself lucky in that case if that's all it is.

Thanks again for your time.
leejay08/04/2020 13:17

Had the same problem a few weeks ago tried the usual things then i …Had the same problem a few weeks ago tried the usual things then i disabled my wifi adapter and then enabled it again and all was well

Thanks I will see how I can do this and give it a go and report back.
Thanks for your time also.
Sometimes this happens to me and I really don't get any internet, and then maybe an hour later, everything is back to normal. I would like to know why but I shouldn't really hijack your thread so sorry.
HumanRagingBull08/04/2020 13:22

Thanks I will see how I can do this and give it a go and report …Thanks I will see how I can do this and give it a go and report back.Thanks for your time also.

@leejay tried, tested and working. Now saying Connected. Thank you once more for your time and suggestion
@sidhoooooo perhaps you may want to try this?
abilitynet
HumanRagingBull08/04/2020 13:20

Thanks for sharing this article, which does help to provide some …Thanks for sharing this article, which does help to provide some comfort.Yes all I seem to be suffering is a badly displayed icon so I will count myself lucky in that case if that's all it is. Thanks again for your time.

You are welcome. This is the link I was really looking for and I think explains better.
techradar.com/new…pcs

I ran out of fingers and toes many years ago when I tried to count the number of times I am glad I use Linux Ubuntu as my everyday machine. I only use Windows as a reference machine to help others who ask for help via AbilityNet.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions