Groups

no internet connection on my wireless laptop

Can anyone give me any advice why my wireless laptop has suddenly lost connection, there are no networks available, my wireless desktop is fine. My internet provider says it could be the wireless card ??? Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.
    I have windows vista on an acer laptop.

15 Comments

Reboot everything?
    Attach your notebook via ethernet to the router and update the drivers on your wireless card?

Original Poster

how do i update the drivers on the card

Temporarily use a cable

Most laptops have a physical switch or keyboard short-cut to turn the wireless on/off. Check, may be someone accidentally turned it off there.

Original Poster

I mean what do i go into to update drivers

Original Poster

SUMMONER

Most laptops have a physical switch or keyboard short-cut to turn the … Most laptops have a physical switch or keyboard short-cut to turn the wireless on/off. Check, may be someone accidentally turned it off there.

i keep googling that but i ddn't know there was one so do not know where it is

What OS are you using? Win 7, xp etc

Original Poster

windows vista

kiraangel

i keep googling that but i ddn't know there was one so do not know where … i keep googling that but i ddn't know there was one so do not know where it is

What make/model is the computer?¿

Original Poster

acer aspire extensa 4220

Original Poster

i've given up for now but still please leave any suggestions and i will try again tomorrow thanks

This happens to mine too. With the netbook off take the battery out and replace it making sure the locks are in the shut position, then reboot. I don't know why it works on mine, but it does.

mine did the same was the router channel changed it everything was fine

Do you have an anitvirus program.... well worth running a scan and seeing if you have a virus. We had a virus called Koobface (anagram of facebook) it downloads itself when you click on links on facebook and it downloads a program that changes all your DNS Settings... basically it fu**ed our router! Sky sent us out a brand new router.. just plugged it in and it worked fine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1633
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764435
      4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk11

See more discussions