Groups

No Mans Sky PC/Steam Version Issues

So I'm just looking at No Mans Sky on steam and it has 70% negative reviews and most seem to point towards audio and graphical issues. Has anyone played it on steam yet or even PC? If so have you had any issues with what I've mentioned?

13 Comments

Original Poster

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q484/buttersm8/NMS_zpsu6sfxvbm.png~original Just a handful of steam reviews

It sounds like plenty of other people are having issues. However, all reviews and comments should be taken with a pinch of salt as people with issues will complain from the start and be very vocal about it. Those who are enjoying the game will likely say very little and rather spend their time playing it rather than talking about it.

reddit.com/r/N…ew/

This is why I now tend to wait until the dust settles on new games, see what's right, what's wrong and if it's worth spending the money on. It's hard to resist the urge to play a new game straight away but I've found it's saved me a fortune.

Original Poster

Astec123

It sounds like plenty of other people are having issues. However, all … It sounds like plenty of other people are having issues. However, all reviews and comments should be taken with a pinch of salt as people with issues will complain from the start and be very vocal about it. Those who are enjoying the game will likely say very little and rather spend their time playing it rather than talking about it.https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/new/This is why I now tend to wait until the dust settles on new games, see what's right, what's wrong and if it's worth spending the money on. It's hard to resist the urge to play a new game straight away but I've found it's saved me a fortune.

Thats what I tried to do, but I caved in and bought it today, luckily I bought it for PS4 so I have no issues as of yet, just that Game charge £50 (thank god for spare credit :D)

Original Poster

benjammin316

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/764152548815241216https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/764153412975988736It runs like crap, a rushed port. Top kek, steer clearpc master race X)

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this PS4 exclusive until they announced a PC version a few month ago? Also they delayed the steam/PC version a few days and it looks like they did naff all in that extra time

Watching a few streams this afternoon and PC version seems to have lots of problems mainly with sound and glitching... Gonna wait till I purchase until some updating is done.

nathan3007

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this PS4 exclusive until they announced a PC … If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this PS4 exclusive until they announced a PC version a few month ago? Also they delayed the steam/PC version a few days and it looks like they did naff all in that extra time

PC version was always a thing, it's was just a timed exclusive for ps4.

nathan3007

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this PS4 exclusive until they announced a PC … If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this PS4 exclusive until they announced a PC version a few month ago? Also they delayed the steam/PC version a few days and it looks like they did naff all in that extra time

yes indeed.

They are still getting flak, and rightly so, about not being able to meet up with other players. This has been tested 3-4 times now, and it just isn't happening.

Shame on them

Original Poster

benjammin316

yes indeed.They are still getting flak, and rightly so, about not being … yes indeed.They are still getting flak, and rightly so, about not being able to meet up with other players. This has been tested 3-4 times now, and it just isn't happening.Shame on them

Do you reckon they'll just remove it from steam until they fix it? like with arkham knight? I think PC gamers wouldn't of minded a longer wait for the game if it meant a decent FPS etc.

Low frame rate aside apparently it's running okay for my brother on his GTX 970. I would family share but don't want to jeapordize his chance to claim a refund

The game locks up occasionally when running distances on foot for a couple seconds and drops frames entering planets. Spinning around 360 with a controller it goes slow then fast then slow, like little stutters.

On the positive side the frame rate is sometimes quite high. I noticed putting a 60 frame cap would make the frame rate hover around 55 with drops yet using a 90 cap the frame rate would hover around 85 and not drop much. Kinda weird.

I've just been playing it for the last 5 and a half hours and although there was some initial stuttering / frame drops, after I played around with the settings it's been running fine. Everything on highest settings, vsync off, fps cap at 90 and I've had no issues whatsoever.

Sounds like I'm in the minority though as 2 of my friends haven't even been able to launch the game yet - it crashes after the title screen for them.

I would crash out immediately, they released a hotfix experiment which fixed that. As soon as I got to the titles the frame rate would drop so much less than 1 frame every few seconds. I wanted to try the game and steam had counted 48 mins of play timejust trying to get it running so I refunded before I couldn't anymore! ill maybe try again later but from info out there the repetition sounds a bit tedious. maybe when its reduced in the late late future.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2023
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1932
      3. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941347
      4. love affairs1756

See more discussions