No more eBay cashback with TopCashback

Posted 13th Dec 2018
Just went to do my usual buy through topcashback and use eBay but says it doesn’t offer it anymore .

Anybody have any info on this ? If it’s just temporary or what’s going on?
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
I just posted on another eBay thread about this but yeah, looks like TCB "are currently unable to offer cashback discounts on any purchases made at eBay UK" and Quidco have just deleted all references to eBay from their site :P
I noticed that so I went onto nectar site to get points on ebay
Nooooooo, not even on Rakuten! Amazon are back but eBay are better.
This is not good news at all. Hopefully someone’s going to come on and tell us what’s up
How frustrating never really paid much (apart from when bonuses qualified for it) but always went through TCB or Quidco for cashback on eBay, I use eBay quite a bit so it was always a nice little extras - hope they sort it
deleted2145185
Not a big deal. I only ever cashed out cents so, eh.
It's temporary. Happened with Argos too. Some retailers come and go.

Ebay were gone before and reappeared so don't despair.
Edited by: "hearts22" 13th Dec 2018
anthea58 m ago

I noticed that so I went onto nectar site to get points on ebay

I get Nectar points and cashback (or did ) . Haven't you linked your Nectar account to EBay? Then you get the points automatically .

EBay cashback @1.01% isn't a lot and probably only disappeared for a few hours .
I use kidstart to save cash back for my granddaughters bank. They offer cash back from eBay. But might cease.
Yes I have nectar linked but the other month nectar said that you only get nectar points on eBay now when you go onto it via nectar site not through any cash back sites
Not true, I’ve got my Nectar account linked to eBay and have been collecting Nectar points on every purchase despite going through cashback sites almost every time.
Very disappointing news from both major cashback sites, even though the cashback was generally only pennies. Back in the old days when eBay first appeared on TCB, they would literally pay me to get stuff for free (still pennies back then, but every little helps)...
Edited by: "Ferris" 14th Dec 2018
melomanias3 h, 11 m ago

Not true, I’ve got my Nectar account linked to eBay and have been c …Not true, I’ve got my Nectar account linked to eBay and have been collecting Nectar points on every purchase despite going through cashback sites almost every time.

Likewise
I asked TCB via a support ticket to clarify and this was the response:

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, eBay has informed us that for the time being, they are unable to offer cashback at this moment in time.

We've been working with them to try and avoid this happening but unfortunately, it wasn't possible.

We do anticipate this to be a temporary move and will work with them to get them offering cashback as soon as possible as we know how many of you love this retailer.

Best wishes,
Butters22 m ago

I asked TCB via a support ticket to clarify and this was the …I asked TCB via a support ticket to clarify and this was the response:Hi,Thanks for getting in touch.Unfortunately, eBay has informed us that for the time being, they are unable to offer cashback at this moment in time.We've been working with them to try and avoid this happening but unfortunately, it wasn't possible.We do anticipate this to be a temporary move and will work with them to get them offering cashback as soon as possible as we know how many of you love this retailer.Best wishes,

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome
Edited by: "Fairyfeet1964" 14th Dec 2018
Hopefully it's just for Christmas where they probably need to use their time on other things
That’s it!!! I’m boycotting ebay until I get my 1.05% back!!!!

I’m hitting the high street
It's not so much about the 1% that I missed, it's more about when Tcb gave bonuses, eBay is the easiest and the place I buy most things. Most of the times I buy items from China for little money and free delivery. Other places u have to spend a lot more than £5/£10 to get free delivery.
I saw this too, they have all stopped but you can still get it from ( i mutual ) they are still doing it, ten percent of the ebay fee I think is paid as Cashback
First the voucher restrictions and now no more cashback....they really want me to stop shopping on ebay don't they! Lol
I think now is one of the busiest moments for online shopping and probably EBAY don't want to "lose" that money. We'll see if they come back in February.
Ebay are now back on TopCashback
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants