Expired

No more half price weekend deals at lidl :(

LocalFound 23rd Jan 2016
I've noticed there are no half price lidl deals this weekend so contacted customer services. I got this disappointing response

Thank you for contacting us regarding the above.

I can confirm that we are no longer offering Half Price Weekend promotions in our stores. I apologise for any dissapointment this offer coming to an end causes you, however we will continue to offer low prices in our stores every day of the week.

Your comments regarding this matter have been noted with the relevant department.

I hope you will remain a valued Lidl customer.

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH
Community Updates
23 Comments
Oh no
deleted458338
That's a lidl disappointing (_;)
No more half price weekends and no more aldi vouchers ? No more reason to visit and stand in long queues to save a quid. Better shopping the deals in the big supermarkets now as the savings to be made are bigger with smaller queues,bigger carparks,better choice.
There was £5 off £40 spend in the sun today and what's aldi vouchers got to do with lidl lol
I'll miss my baskets full of half price offers . Thankfully still have about 20 bars of 17p chocolate and a dozen cartons of vitamin juice in the cupboard
awwww nooo. what a shame:(
Lidl making the same mistakes Tesco made - not enough staff to stock shelves, very often the basics (bread & milk) are missing from shelves, long queues at checkouts. Morrisons and Tescos now do half price offer on branded goods so its cheaper to stock up on them rather than buy own brand stuff from Lidl. the new picks for the week are rubbish in comparison.

Was looking on their Twitter and FB page and someone has started a petition
change.org/p/l…ugh
Edited by: "gari189" 24th Jan 2016
spot on about the long queues.. i often peek in from the car park- if mad crazy long queue, i drive a further couple of mins, spend a little extra on bread and milk and buy from the corner shop for convenience.
Shame about the half price deals, I guess they were loss making to get shoppers in the door but they just want to stick with low margins rather than no margins. I tend to do more online grocery shopping but if I had a voucher or there was something I wanted from the weekly offers I'd go in. Fruit and veg always seems great value although the quality isn't always that great for everything. However long queues to the till and people queing by the tills preventing you going around the aisles near to the tills can be very annoying.
gari189

Lidl making the same mistakes Tesco made - not enough staff to stock … Lidl making the same mistakes Tesco made - not enough staff to stock shelves, very often the basics (bread & milk) are missing from shelves, long queues at checkouts. Morrisons and Tescos now do half price offer on branded goods so its cheaper to stock up on them rather than buy own brand stuff from Lidl. the new picks for the week are rubbish in comparison.Was looking on their Twitter and FB page and someone has started a petitionhttps://www.change.org/p/lidl-lidl-bring-back-half-price-weekend-offers-the-offers-during-the-week-aren-t-cheap-enough

I've never had a problem with long queues . I must be the lucky one . I agree their shelves often run low but it's the kind of shop I usually know what I'm going for rather than one I drop in to for a weekly shop . This is usually based on what's on offer in their weekly magazine so ending the weekend deals may well change my pattern of spending , especially as I have to drive past tesco to get there
gari189

Lidl making the same mistakes Tesco made - not enough staff to stock … Lidl making the same mistakes Tesco made - not enough staff to stock shelves, very often the basics (bread & milk) are missing from shelves, long queues at checkouts. Morrisons and Tescos now do half price offer on branded goods so its cheaper to stock up on them rather than buy own brand stuff from Lidl. the new picks for the week are rubbish in comparison.Was looking on their Twitter and FB page and someone has started a petitionhttps://www.change.org/p/lidl-lidl-bring-back-half-price-weekend-offers-the-offers-during-the-week-aren-t-cheap-enough

sorry tesco and lidl cant be compared
tesco not having enough staff to stock the shelves? wut?! they have twice as many staff as they need - its just that they work a quarter of the time.
for the queues, again tesco staff could be put on a till ... just they aren't doing so.
often with lidl the shop is actually empty of staff other than on the till so they cant physically put on any more.
lidl have never had enough staff, they haven't suddenly removed them

lol @ those that feel entitled to half price weekend stuff
My 2p worth
Sorry to see these go been popping up there for what seems like ever to get these
They never did make much sense however for people working weekends or getting the shopping done to leave the weekend free

Queuing always found Tesco superb here at putting extra staff on the till rarely have to do it at all
Yes they are a little longer in Aldi and Lidl
Top Tip learn a little thing called patience people
as to stock on the shelf Waitrose I find the worst
Really, you're making our winter weekends so much duller now!!! Very disappointing and discouraging indeed
good, was bloody stupid...people queuing outside before they open at weekends to hoover up all the half price stock, they should of made it one per person

if you even got to my local store 30 mins after opening it was all gone, it would of annoyed far more customers than it did please customers
Edited by: "Aeschylus" 24th Jan 2016
Some real tight people on this site lol.
WheresMeNuts

Some real tight people on this site lol.

Of course they are it isn't HotUKspendthrifts
Edited by: "Wongy110" 24th Jan 2016
but now they offer 4 meat and 4 fruit / veg for cheaper every week, and the prices on the meats arent that differenct to what they usually sell for on half price weekends.

yeah you pay marginally more, but you have better choice and the offers last a week instead of just 2 days.

this week for instance 500g of mince for £1.29, and usually about £1.10 on the half price offers, so 19p more, but availability will be all week, and not just stock that will sell out in a couple of hours on Saturday morning

Take a look at their pick of the week for the offers
lidl.co.uk/en/…r=6

Edited by: "eset12345" 24th Jan 2016
What will I stick my freezer up with now???!!
lisaAylesbury

What will I stick my freezer up with now???!!

​Superglue?
What the hell? I will miss these a lot but it's not a good way to go out, with those awful sun dried tomatoes jars. So. bad.
I will miss the half price offer.
I havent been in Lidl since they stopped doing the Half Price Weekend offers. I used to go regularly for th ehalf pricers and of course bought other stuff whie I was there. No I don't go at all!
zerocrop

I havent been in Lidl since they stopped doing the Half Price Weekend … I havent been in Lidl since they stopped doing the Half Price Weekend offers. I used to go regularly for th ehalf pricers and of course bought other stuff whie I was there. No I don't go at all!

if you only went once a week mainly for the half price weekened stuff then i bet they dont care
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants