Groups
    EXPIRED

NO MORE INKJETS, NEED A LAZER

That's it had enough. Once again missed a deadline thanks to Epson dx4200 that has let me down AGAIN. Faded printing so replaced all colours which were low. No better so replaced the black as well. Bit better but lots of horizontal lines across and colour still not good.

I only wanted to print some letters but coming out grey and not black. Did 4 head cleans and 1 nozzle clean.....no difference and guess what.....down to 1/2 on the ink I put in.

I know Epson cartridges are cheaper than most but I do seem to spend a lot of time replacing them.

Total waste of a days work. Any good deals on lazers about.?

Do they have the facility to copy the odd page, which is useful. It's only for occasional use but Epson no longer reliable enough

7 Comments

there are a few good deals about mate, you just gotta look in stores, or online, have you tried Staples in your town (if you have one) they have some good deals on them, im looking at investing in one too soon so i have been looking, also look on the manufacturers website to make sure its got what you want e.g. ppm, mono or colour, print resolution etc. If you need anything else mate just ask hope this helps you buddy

Original Poster

Tempted by a glass of wine in the sun...........I know I just have to do the legwork. Add that to an hour spent farting about with the useless printer this afternoon.

Epsons are great, but the biggest issue is the print head is never replaced. I've had Epsons in the past because their print resolutions were better, but I've got an HP now purely because when I buy a new cartridge, It replaces the print head too. No more clogged print heads.

Original Poster

Xb0xGuru;5371240

Epsons are great, but the biggest issue is the print head is never … Epsons are great, but the biggest issue is the print head is never replaced. I've had Epsons in the past because their print resolutions were better, but I've got an HP now purely because when I buy a new cartridge, It replaces the print head too. No more clogged print heads.

Yep, i thinks that's what has happened here and don't seem to be able to shift it. Hardly use colour so laser might be better and cheaper overall. Copier is useful but probably once a month, if that. Just finding inkjets too fiddly, with laser just replace cartridge rarely I hope

Original Poster

Thanks guys..........I am calming down now. I should have got to post office for 4.30 to send special delivery documents but will have to wait until tomorrow. Client will get it Thurs, promised for Tues. More grovelling. Cannot be let down by hardware anymore.

Have sourced 2 lazer printers Samsung or Brother from Tesco or Argos for approx £48 which seems good deal so far for a laser

Original Poster

Used for past few days. Very efficient and quiet. Full cartridge included. Very impressed so far
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Why do my deal votes go up or down by 2° on each vote?44
      2. Cordial....11
      3. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…23
      4. Family Spotify account32

See more discussions