Expired

No need to pay extra for tethering with this trick

Found 19th Jun 2013
An easy way to surf internet on your mobile phone if tethering is blocked on your phone by your network provider.

Simply follow the steps written on how to bypass tethering block --
gezby.com/vie…=69

This will work for many networks including Three.

22 Comments

Thanks

Banned

worked for a couple of seconds then stopped, using iphone 5 and only says iphone 4 on the list maybe thats why

Original Poster

sumo999

worked for a couple of seconds then stopped, using iphone 5 and only says … worked for a couple of seconds then stopped, using iphone 5 and only says iphone 4 on the list maybe thats why

It will work for iPhone 5 also.
Do you have any other application running like Steam??

Anyone got it working with tmobile..?

That site has got a lot of useful information.

gezby.com/vie…219

on virgin with s3 tethers a treat even after virgin said to me its blocked

Banned

savemymoney

It will work for iPhone 5 also.Do you have any other application running … It will work for iPhone 5 also.Do you have any other application running like Steam??

I installed chrome, installed the User Agent Switcher, then tethered it brought up a webpage then went to the page from three blocking it..... only thing running was iclouds so I disabled it and stared again same thing

Thanks will have a gander

Will have a look later

Original Poster

sumo999

I installed chrome, installed the User Agent Switcher, then tethered it … I installed chrome, installed the User Agent Switcher, then tethered it brought up a webpage then went to the page from three blocking it..... only thing running was iclouds so I disabled it and stared again same thing

Once you installed the switcher did you set the switcher to an android phone/iphone.
That is important.

Banned

savemymoney

Once you installed the switcher did you set the switcher to an android … Once you installed the switcher did you set the switcher to an android phone/iphone.That is important.

yes opened web page then switch to ipnone then I tethered to phone

Original Poster

There is something that causes your browser info to be sent.
So maybe you trying to use Internet Explorer?

Anyone know if this will also work on a android tablet?

I would like to use my phone to tether it whilst I am out and about.

allsa001

Anyone know if this will also work on a android tablet?I would like to … Anyone know if this will also work on a android tablet?I would like to use my phone to tether it whilst I am out and about.

Scrap that question, I downloaded Chrome UA Switcher from the Play store, and it works a treat.
I am just about to cancel my contract, so this should save me quite a lot of money when picking a new one.

Anyone tried to tether an ipad without a tethering allowance?

splatsplatsplat

That site has got a lot of useful … That site has got a lot of useful information.http://gezby.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=219

hahahaha!
Edited by: "willhay555" 22nd Jun 2013

Banned

splatsplatsplat

That site has got a lot of useful … That site has got a lot of useful information.http://gezby.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=219

Their Hot Deals section is brimming with activity - watch out HUKD, Gezby is hot on your tail!

gezby.com/vie…=21

Original Poster

sumo999

yes opened web page then switch to ipnone then I tethered to phone

Some application is still giving your computer's identity to Three which blocks tethering.
Maybe you should use the firewall and block applications that you think should not have access to the network.

Banned

savemymoney

Some application is still giving your computer's identity to Three which … Some application is still giving your computer's identity to Three which blocks tethering.Maybe you should use the firewall and block applications that you think should not have access to the network.

thanks for your help i'll try that tomorrow

Original Poster

sumo999

thanks for your help i'll try that tomorrow

As long as your browser user agent is different than your computer, the workaround will work.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Why would you let networks get away with such an inaccurate way to check … Why would you let networks get away with such an inaccurate way to check tethering? I have the user agent on my phone set to desktop, would leave the network if I was blocked from net access based on this.

That is something different if you change it on your phone as the operating system is still identified as Android.
You won't be blocked by the network for that.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Nope.Before:After:

They are only blocking very specific user agents so you won't be affected.
Some networks use other ways to block tethering but then users have to pay
Post a comment
@
    Text