No post from royal mail

LocalFound 22nd Jun 2012
hey guys

have you been having problems with your post lately as 1st class items are taking very long to get to me and some days i don't get any post even when i now i should.

What's the latest time they deliver?

thanks Nik
Community Updates
24 Comments
I'm still waiting for something I bought on here two weeks ago. Didn't get any post last Saturday or today!
My post arrives at 11am...ish. I suppose every area is different. Phone your local sorting office if you think you aren't getting the post you should be.
I have also been having this problem and seems to have started recently as for the latest time they deliver i really dont know. the latest time ive had post before was about 3 in the afternoon
Royal mail are dreadful. They talk about going on strike. They should pull their finger out and start providing a good service.
Put the price up but not improved the service.
A few years ago 1st class arrived in your first daily delivery before 9am and then you had a second delivery about 11:30.
Now I have been known to get my post at 8pm.
whatsThePoint

i still haven't got over the price of a stamp rising to 41p

Yes 41p to get something delivered across the country....extortionate.
Watch out as businesses aren't releasing post when they should, they build it up to get discounts, also if it goes through UK mail it will take longer.
queenlush

Yes 41p to get something delivered across the country....extortionate.

Yes, they surely can get something across the country cheaper, can't they?
whatsThePoint

they can, its 38p for local mail X)

wtf is local mail?
Edited by: "bigweapon07" 22nd Jun 2012
I ordered something yesterday from Amazon using free supersaver delivery by royal mail to be delivered on 27th June - and it came today!
bigweapon07

Watch out as businesses aren't releasing post when they should, they … Watch out as businesses aren't releasing post when they should, they build it up to get discounts, also if it goes through UK mail it will take longer.

How do you get discount by building up post? each item is priced individually regardless.
My postie is great, we always get other peoples mail X)
I have had a few things go missing lately, ever since they put the price of the stamps up!
queenlush

How do you get discount by building up post? each item is priced … How do you get discount by building up post? each item is priced individually regardless.

Business customers get discounts for bulk mailing, usually via TNT, UKMail etc. This is then give to RM to deliver, it may have been standing in the original courier's depot for a few days!
I can only say that whenever Lovefilm have so far posted DVD's they have always been here the next day and the same when sending them back.
lethalmoose

Royal mail are dreadful. They talk about going on strike. They should … Royal mail are dreadful. They talk about going on strike. They should pull their finger out and start providing a good service.Put the price up but not improved the service.A few years ago 1st class arrived in your first daily delivery before 9am and then you had a second delivery about 11:30.Now I have been known to get my post at 8pm.

Why don't you use Citylink for everything instead?
I haven't received any post today and something was sent for me 1st class on Monday and still hasn't arrived!
James64

I haven't received any post today and something was sent for me 1st class … I haven't received any post today and something was sent for me 1st class on Monday and still hasn't arrived!

same for me
same for me[/quote]

I've also been waiting for a week for something off amazon and still no deliver yet. I don't know why the items aren't arriving?
being an ex postie.. i'll give u the basics of what i knew and what i understand now

Royal Mail is being sold and therefore needs to make money... hence the price rise in postage and also the delay in some mail - they're not employing as many postie's as the used too (natural job losses not being replaced/no more agency staff)

yes less daily post being sent, by both business and residential, has reduced the entire workload over the years but the workload was redistributed between the ever decreasing postie's - so now with even more unfilled positions the current postie has to work overtime on those "walks" that have no current staff due to sickness/retirement and as such can only do so much (maybe not the complete extra walk/route) so the rest of the days mail that isn't delivered gets returned back to the sorting office for redelivery the next day (if that happens!!)

so some will not receive mail for a few days but gone is the guarantee of daily mail or next day 1st class

this is solely my opinion based on previous working knowledge and current understanding of the Royal Mail
My new Royal Mail driver is pathetic... Knocks my door and then leaves the delivery outside my door (doesn't wait for an answer)..
i personally think that rm is starting to cut corners, which is why we are getting a decrease in worker quality. One of them knocked on my door for a delivery, i went to open it within 15 secs (was busy upstairs) and told me that if i didnt come sooner, he would leave it on the doorstep. WTF? What if i was a disabled old man? Id have no chance.
Edited by: "Artonox" 23rd Jun 2012
looks like no post again today:(
my sister sent a form two weeks ago to her new land lord she was supposed to have moved in friday but they didnt recieve it until friday afternoon ( 2 weeks late) so she had to put all her stuff in mums garage and now rebook the delivery driver again when she gets the keys, royal mail said they never recived a recorded letter from her then when she showed her the proof she then told her that recorded doesnt promise delivery they have got terrible this past year
I am sure when the royal mail workers was going on strike so that there would be no more price hikes as well as privatisation.
I am sure so the whole nation supported them ?????
sorry guys forget the days of cheap stamps just wait and see.
privatisation & greed rules.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants