Groups

No service - waiting for activiation - iphone 3g

So looks like my phone has more problems that i thought. I've checked warrenty and its about a month out, how much will apple charge to replace/fix my phone?

Any ideas?

10 Comments

I think that O2 seem to have had a problem over the last week or so with texts/mms messages getting through. I had the same problem last week (3GS on O2) and one of the people I work with, also had the same problem. Last night my partner had the same problem again (iphone 4 on O2) where texts were going fine all day, then failing to go later in the evening.

If it's just texts, try turning off '3G enabled' within your General>Network settings and revert to normal 2G/Edge signal. Give your phone a few moments to switch between the signals before trying.

Check your MSG center number

spitroast

Original Poster

I'm on tesco, but they use o2 so it seems about right, massive pain though!

Have you tried turning it off and then turning it on again?

Original Poster

meandog101

I think that O2 seem to have had a problem over the last week or so with … I think that O2 seem to have had a problem over the last week or so with texts/mms messages getting through. I had the same problem last week (3GS on O2) and one of the people I work with, also had the same problem. Last night my partner had the same problem again (iphone 4 on O2) where texts were going fine all day, then failing to go later in the evening.If it's just texts, try turning off '3G enabled' within your General>Network settings and revert to normal 2G/Edge signal. Give your phone a few moments to switch between the signals before trying.

didn't work, how long can it last for?

Original Poster

Can't ring people either! ' this number can't be recognized!

s2rocks247

Have you tried turning it off and then turning it on again?

Mine sometimes stop sending messages on orange. I do this and it works fine.
    Edited by: "amfan" 26th Oct 2010

Original Poster

edited, please advice.

Original Poster

DLM

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/service/faq/#warranty1

So basically take it in and see what they say, luckily I have one in town.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…67
      2. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764320
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism814

See more discussions