Groups

No sound from HDMI socket 1

Ok, i have had this problem for a while now.

My tv has 2 HDMI sockets.
    HDMI 1 has perfect picture but no sound at all.
    HDMI 2 is perfect.

Is the socket knackered? or is there an easy solution.

Cheers

12 Comments

What TV is it?

Original Poster

Adam2050;8911461

What TV is it?

Philips 42pf7621d/10

Getting my 3d tv soon, so want to get rid of this one, but i want to know if i can fix this before selling it as a 1 HDMI slot tv.

ivegotalobon;8911479

Philips 42pf7621d/10Getting my 3d tv soon, so want to get rid of this … Philips 42pf7621d/10Getting my 3d tv soon, so want to get rid of this one, but i want to know if i can fix this before selling it as a 1 HDMI slot tv.

Nothing on google. In any shape so not a common fault.

What about getting if you cant fix it or be bothered

lindy.co.uk/hdm…tml

HDMI switch or replicator.

Have you checked to see if the TV mutes different ports or gives you the ability too. Some TV's I heard can.

Banned

Did you read the maunal? Clearly states:-

Note: An analogue audio cable must be linked to HDMI 2. (page 53)

p4c.philips.com/fil…pdf

csiman;8911496

Did you read the maunal? Clearly states:-Note: An analogue audio cable … Did you read the maunal? Clearly states:-Note: An analogue audio cable must be linked to HDMI 2. (page 53)http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pf7621d_10/42pf7621d_10_dfu_eng.pdf

Crazy setup. Skillz Csiman.:)

Original Poster

csiman;8911496

Did you read the maunal? Clearly states:-Note: An analogue audio cable … Did you read the maunal? Clearly states:-Note: An analogue audio cable must be linked to HDMI 2. (page 53)http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pf7621d_10/42pf7621d_10_dfu_eng.pdf

But it had been working for over a year

Banned

ivegotalobon;8911522

But it had been working for over a year

even so, just try it with an analogue cable and then you can sell as 2 hdmi as per manual :-D

Original Poster

csiman;8911531

even so, just try it with an analogue cable and then you can sell as 2 … even so, just try it with an analogue cable and then you can sell as 2 hdmi as per manual :-D

whats the best thing to get? i don't know if i have 1 :oops:

Banned

ivegotalobon;8911547

whats the best thing to get? i don't know if i have 1 :oops:

depends what device you are plugging in. Normally a 2 plug phono will do it. Bet you have loads floating around as they come with most devices.

kenable.co.uk/pro…244

Ive got a tosh 37 that does this usually if sky still switched on my 360 wont have any sound try switching other inputs to standby or off before selecting that input been told its something to do with the input seeing the connection and setting itself up ready for signal ????

Banned

dcx_badass;8912322

But it's HDMI1 with no sound.

OP might just be referring to the sockets as 1 and 2 without actually looking at the small print :-D

Original Poster

csiman;8912690

OP might just be referring to the sockets as 1 and 2 without actually … OP might just be referring to the sockets as 1 and 2 without actually looking at the small print :-D

On the back of the tv it says hdmi 1, this is the one without sound
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764314
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846213
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31156

See more discussions