No win no fee PPI reclaiming company, anybody used it before?

Found 26th Jul 2011
I've just seen an advert on tv for a company called Claimline Legal UK Ltd who charge just 15% and no VAT if they win your claim and nothing if they don't win. There are no upfront fees either. Most other companies seem to average 25% plus 20% VAT.

This is the small print at the bottom of their page, "Claimline Legal UK Ltd is regulated by the Ministry of Justice in respect of Claims Management Activities. CRM24614. Data Protection Z2331844. Copyright © Claimline Legal UK Ltd. All rights reserved. Calls may be monitored/recorded. *The expression "No Win No Fee" is used within the guidelines established by the Committee for Advertising Practices. Fees may be payable where a client cancels outside the 14 day cool-off period or your lender confirms no PPI was attached to the agreement. The fees are reasonable costs incurred for work undertaken. Refer to contract. **at 20/05/2011". There doesn't appear to be anything unreasonable there.

Has anybody heard of or used this company before?
Community Updates
7 Comments
You can do it yourself. Martin Lewis has championed this and appeared a number of times on tv about it encourgaing people to complain and claim it back. Here is his web address moneysavingexpert.com where there are template letters you can download and use to make a claim.
I reclaimed 3 lots back last year all by myself. I thought it would be a really hard job to get the cash back, but it was only 1 letter to each company before they told me they would pay out.
I managed to claim back PPI from a loan over 8 yrs old too. All my PPI is off debt which is fully paid off.
I would never use one of these companies, just get the template letter off MSE and add in your details. Post it and then just wait.
Original Poster
Yeah I know about MSE, infact Martin Lewis is looking into starting up a PPI reclaim company himself because there are too many companies charging the percentages I mentioned in the OP and he says it is a complete ripoff. His company will charge a much smaller percentage because he will have to pay staff wages but he's not looking to make a profit so that will obviously keep the cost to a minimum.

The reason I'm wanting to use a company to claim back PPI is because of a conversation I had with a family friend a few weeks ago and because of a local radio show I heard a few weeks ago too, both made the same point and got me thinking. On the radio show was a recently retired manager of a local bank, he was saying that those people who claim back the PPI themself are getting less than 50% of what they are really entitled to. The banks are even encouraging people to claim back PPI themself instead of using a company because they know that the average person don't have a clue what they are really entitled to but the companies do know and they push for much higher sums and know all the legal tricks to achieve the higher amounts.

So the bottom line is that by claiming back the PPI yourself you are cutting your own throat and not getting anywhere near what you are legally entitled to. But if you use one of the companies who charge the high percentages then you're no better off because they take too much out of the final settlement. If the company I have asked about in the OP is a good company then they are the best way to go because they're charges are low but they would get me around 50% more than I would get if I claimed back the PPI myself. I wouldn't use Martin Lewis's company when/if it launches because I'm guessing that it will be swamped with people wanting to use them because they trust Martin Lewis and I have to wonder how much time they will have to look at each claim and push for the best settlement.

So if anyone has heard of or used Claimline Legal UK Ltd or any other company with such low charges then I'd love to hear about it.
beth3735

I reclaimed 3 lots back last year all by myself. I thought it would be a … I reclaimed 3 lots back last year all by myself. I thought it would be a really hard job to get the cash back, but it was only 1 letter to each company before they told me they would pay out.I managed to claim back PPI from a loan over 8 yrs old too. All my PPI is off debt which is fully paid off.I would never use one of these companies, just get the template letter off MSE and add in your details. Post it and then just wait.

With the loan that was over 8 years old did they not try and say you were out of time as 6 years is always quoted as the time limit? Interested as I had a dispute with HSBC over a loan from 2003 when I was told I had to have PPI or I would not get the loan and I was self employed.
Interested in the answer to this too

Also does the loan have to have been completed for these to work
No you can claim if you still have outstanding debt with them, Most of the time though they just take the PPI amount off the amount owed by you. Lloyds offered a cheque on a Credit card, but I got them to just pay it off the balance. Covered it all luckily

With the Loan that was 8 yrs old they didnt question it at all, and didn't try to argue it was out of the "time scale" they just gave out, I also got a cheque 6 months later saying that they calculated it wrong and gave me another £560 ontop of my initial amount, More than I ever expected.

I paid off the loan in full back in 2003 once I got my lump sum maternity pay from the Navy. I told them I never needed the PPI due to being in a job which paid whether you were sick or even on a disiplinary. They didn't doubt or argue anything.

Always worth trying to claim any as they may shock you and just pay out without a fight
I made a successful claim with A&L for PPI that I was pressurised in to taking out with a personal loan. This was several years ago now when there was a lot of publicity about the miss-selling of these policies.
Not sure why you think you would only receive 50% or only a certain percentage of what you paid.
I received every penny back and they even paid interest on top for the term of the loan which I was chuffed about. I used the template letter on the Martin Lewis website and a few weeks later received a reply to say a full refund with interest would be paid, no arguments as they said they no longer held the recording of the conversation during my application for the loan. Took 2 months until my cheque came but they were processing an awful lot of claims at the time.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants