...no wonder Woolworths are in a bit of bother...

Supermod
Went into Woolworths yesterday to buy a toaster. I saw a matching set somewhere else so I took the toaster back to Woolies.

It was £30 so with 20% off I got it for £24.

I took it back with the receipt and the woman on the till refunded £30 instead of £24. So we made a £6 profit. I didnt notice until I got home as I would have mentioned it to her in the store as £6 is nothing in the whole scheme of things.

I hope this doesnt prompt everyone to go out and try it but I thought I would highlight someones stupidity.

17 Comments

Can confirm this -

I took things back last night and was refunded full price even though she checked the receipt and saw she was refunding more than I paid.

It was as if she didn't know how to change the amount - or just couldn't care less...

:roll: someone will lose their job over this.

roadrunner1;3677328

Thats just cruel. :oops:

Banned

roadrunner1;3677328

classic!

M&S are the same. I ordered some shoes online during their 20% day a couple of weeks ago. The shoes turned up but didn't fit so I returned them to store. The guy on the checkout refunded me the full price, not the price I paid with the 20% off!

that's a nice little scam you've all got going!!

Original Poster Supermod

brangelina;3677835

:-D

Same thing with me today, purchased a few items of which one item was 11.99 - 20% and i noticed on the receipt i was charged twice for this item. When i whent back in a few mins later i was given 11.99 back. Profit of about 2.40

brangelina;3677835

Thieves basically.

Well..it looks like there will be a few bargains to be had in Woolies over the next few days - Closing Down Sale starts today. No buyer found for the 800 or so stores.

I do however feel a little sad for the 25,000 employees and their families who will not be having the best of news this Xmas - or any other people who are in fear for their jobs during this economic shambles. :-(

Banned

same with marshall ward. bought an item using the £30 off free voucher (total £71.95 less voucher = £41.95)

sent item back and they refunded £71.95

Banned

madmanc;3727159

Thieves basically.

bit harsh! :roll:

csiman;3727335

bit harsh! :roll:

But true.

madmanc;3727159

Thieves basically.

Depends on which definition you use. If you use the real one, then no they aren't thieves, seeing as they haven't stolen anything...

i can understand why the stores are closing though...i really dont see why people are like...ooo woolies is going *shock horror* its horrendous the stores are horrible, the stocks cheap and nasty and often dirty. its just a very outdated store and it hasnt worked well moving into modern way of buying things! oh well!

Same thing happened to me at Matalan a couple of weeks ago.
I bought a suit, £40, used the Sun £5 off voucher so paid £35.
When I took it back a couple of days later I was refunded £40 even though the receipt showed I'd had a £5 discount and only paid £35.
In theory, you could have bought an unlimited number of copies of the Sun and made a fiver
(-30p) on each of them!

same happened to me bought toaster/kettle £15 online.... took back today faulty refunded £39.99 giel asked colleague for yellow returns sticker supervisor replied 3 letter abbreviation ............... i asked whats that she replied """""skip outside the back door"""""

no wonder they have gone tits up as r/hobbs should refund cost
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764094
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?57
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1516
    4. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam11

See more discussions