Noctua NH-L9i vs NH-L9x65 for SFF Mini-ITX?

Found 25th Jan 2016
I'm trying to decide between the two for a Mini-ITX build. Both can fit in the case, and from my understanding they use the same fan so should be identical in terms of acoustics etc...
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
I'm not sure your acoustical logic holds, the pressure and turbulence from difference heatsinks may create slightly different noises. Not to mention that the lower temperatures from the more capable cooler may allow you to run the fan more slowly.

Which is better depends on your priorities but if you're spending the money on a Noctua cooler in the first place you're probably after the best cooling performance so I'd go for the largest cooler that'll comfortably fit in your case.
Original Poster
EndlessWaves

I'm not sure your acoustical logic holds, the pressure and turbulence … I'm not sure your acoustical logic holds, the pressure and turbulence from difference heatsinks may create slightly different noises. Not to mention that the lower temperatures from the more capable cooler may allow you to run the fan more slowly.Which is better depends on your priorities but if you're spending the money on a Noctua cooler in the first place you're probably after the best cooling performance so I'd go for the largest cooler that'll comfortably fit in your case.

The acoustic values came from the official website. For me, the best cooler is the one with the best balance of performance and acoustics.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions