Groups

Noisey Neighbours!

At what point is it ok to ring some one?! The music is BLARING! Their screaming singing along to it! Im all for having a party but they cant be able to hear themselves think its that loud! Ive now got 2 grumpy kiddies wide awake!

31 Comments

It is saturday night, however at midnight you could go around and ask them to turn it down and to keep the noise down (tell them kids awake/work etc). if they aren't amenable to the situation then call the council. The council probably wont do anything tonight, although it will help to have the call on record for future if it continues.

I've got the same 2 doors down having a garden/hot tub party, they party till 5am every time. I'm getting sick of it now , do they do it all the time ?

Original Poster

jambone

It is saturday night, however at midnight you could go around and ask … It is saturday night, however at midnight you could go around and ask them to turn it down and to keep the noise down (tell them kids awake/work etc). if they aren't amenable to the situation then call the council. The council probably wont do anything tonight, although it will help to have the call on record for future if it continues.

Been round.. Its actually 1 bloke on a drum kit! Its that loud he hasnt heard us banging on the door!

Original Poster

matti120

I've got the same 2 doors down having a garden/hot tub party, they party … I've got the same 2 doors down having a garden/hot tub party, they party till 5am every time. I'm getting sick of it now , do they do it all the time ?

I dont mind anyone having a party but theres been a bit noisey then theres really loud! Its a bloke on a drum kit!

Banned

Firstly write it down in a diary with times & dates.

Secondly, if this is a one off.... Just forget about it

ellese

I dont mind anyone having a party but theres been a bit noisey then … I dont mind anyone having a party but theres been a bit noisey then theres really loud! Its a bloke on a drum kit!

I would wait till 1 then if you think they will listen go ask them to be quieter as your kids are up

If it's a one off I'd seriously consider not saying anything as you more than likely will cause more aggro and perhaps prompt them to cause more issues. If however it's a regular thing then I suggest talking with them first, failing that take notes and report it.

Do you have a patio? Some people put their neighbours under the patio.

Are they right next door to you?
    If so, wait until the morning when they should be trying to get to sleep and play Let It Go, or some other annoying song, on a loop, full blast for a few hours.
    If they come to complain, tell them to do one and flip them the bird.

Who you gonna call.... Took 9 years to evict noisy neighbours according to a recent herald article. Common decency has gone out the window these days.

I found a swastika penciled on my building interior wall yesterday. Smh

Original Poster

Sorted. Been round again and another neighbour was there too! They said they didnt think it was that loud! oO

ellese

Sorted. Been round again and another neighbour was there too! They said … Sorted. Been round again and another neighbour was there too! They said they didnt think it was that loud! oO

Well atleast they sound reasonable. If you think that is bad then you have no idea!

Original Poster

joshp

Well atleast they sound reasonable. If you think that is bad then you … Well atleast they sound reasonable. If you think that is bad then you have no idea!

They were and are regularly, lets say 'intoxicated' with a lot! Trust me we've seen it all down here

ellese

They were and are regularly, lets say 'intoxicated' with a lot! Trust me … They were and are regularly, lets say 'intoxicated' with a lot! Trust me we've seen it all down here

Ah, fair enough

After 11pm I'm sure it needs to be at a suitable level of volume, just call the police if you have kids as party or not it's inconsiderate if they didn't give you heads up!?

https://dccf75d8gej24.cloudfront.net/images/products/00/000118250/4BF0FC80-C13F-4BE6-8F45-489309842FCB-huge.jpg this worked a treat for my heavy metal scum,after 4 hours it went quite for years

Always remember how my grandad told me he dealt with a similar situation. I was only young at the time but from memory he attached the large cardboard carpet tubes to the wall enhancing the bass and played his marching band music at full volume :p. Not recommended ... although I don't believe he ever had another further problems.

Btw, it's noisy, not noisey.

Keep a record of times dates conversation etc you can also download a noise meter on to your phone which although not calibrated will give you some idea of noise levels but hopefully now you have spoken to him he will keep the noise down

ellese

They were and are regularly, lets say 'intoxicated' with a lot! Trust me … They were and are regularly, lets say 'intoxicated' with a lot! Trust me we've seen it all down here

OK the correct processes are contained in these two links
    Neighbour disputes
    Anti-social behaviour in housing

Living next door to grumpy kids (any kids actually) aint no picnic either. ;-)

Forget diaries and all that nonsense. Just go round and tell them to keep it down.

If you make any formal complaints you will have to disclose this if you ever decide to move, so it is not worth it.

Be a bit more up front about it.

When we had noisy neighbours I was banging on their door at 9am and told them it would not be happening again. It didn't.

The big boys drinking the beer seem to go a bit quiet when the morning comes

I had a severely autistic woman below me, had fits every morning just as I was finishing night shift

I'm talking screaming, door slamming, violent fits. Finally went to have a quiet word with her carers, who said she'd be moving soon

Put up with it another month, and felt bad for her, then it stopped

Original Poster

chocci

Btw, it's noisy, not noisey.

Theres always 1 that starts on spelling... It was late, i had 2 kids screaming down my ear hole and had a bad day does it really matter??

Original Poster

Tivolian

Living next door to grumpy kids (any kids actually) aint no picnic … Living next door to grumpy kids (any kids actually) aint no picnic either. ;-)

I know its not! Hence why i wanted them to go to sleep! We think were decent neighbours.. Dont let the kids sit in the garden screaming and shouting and have some consideration for the neighbours that dont have kids!

Original Poster

espirit77

I had a severely autistic woman below me, had fits every morning just as … I had a severely autistic woman below me, had fits every morning just as I was finishing night shiftI'm talking screaming, door slamming, violent fits. Finally went to have a quiet word with her carers, who said she'd be moving soonPut up with it another month, and felt bad for her, then it stopped

Things like that cant be helped though, having a party i dont mind but blaring music til 1am is out of order. To calm the kids we put the tv on, it was on 45 and the windows shut and was still able to hear the music over it!

YouDontWantToKnow

Firstly write it down in a diary with times & dates.Secondly, if this is … Firstly write it down in a diary with times & dates.Secondly, if this is a one off.... Just forget about it

What's the point of writing it down then

ellese

Theres always 1 that starts on spelling... It was late, i had 2 kids … Theres always 1 that starts on spelling... It was late, i had 2 kids screaming down my ear hole and had a bad day does it really matter??

Charming! As you had spelt it wrong twice, I assumed you had always spelt it wrong so was merely trying to help you for future reference. I wish I hadnt bothered now!

chocci

Charming! As you had spelt it wrong twice, I assumed you had always spelt … Charming! As you had spelt it wrong twice, I assumed you had always spelt it wrong so was merely trying to help you for future reference. I wish I hadnt bothered now!

Hello can you help me, when I apply for jobs can you spot those mistakes please.

chocci

Charming! As you had spelt it wrong twice, I assumed you had always spelt … Charming! As you had spelt it wrong twice, I assumed you had always spelt it wrong so was merely trying to help you for future reference. I wish I hadnt bothered now!

am i imagining things... did it say nosey to start with?
    started reading when it was first posted... clicked back at the end and felt something didn't quite make sense X)
    Edited by: "brilly" 12th Sep 2016

ellese

Things like that cant be helped though, having a party i dont mind but … Things like that cant be helped though, having a party i dont mind but blaring music til 1am is out of order. To calm the kids we put the tv on, it was on 45 and the windows shut and was still able to hear the music over it!

If he keeps it up your councils environmental health department can come issue you a noise recorder. Based on that they may issue him a warning
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions