Groups

Nokia 5800 screen protector

I got one from Amazon, it was rubbish. Shall I bother getting another one? Those with 5800s do you have one? It was full of bubbles even though I pushed them all out. Anyway, I dont want that invisible shield thing - just wondering if I should even bother getting another screen protector? Thanks!

14 Comments

Banned

we got some from ebay, they where crap, we got some from dx and they where crap, only other option was a zagg and daughter said to expensive, so she hasnt got one on now, although got plenty of scratches

I use the invisible shield which is excellent, even though you said you don't want one

Really? What happened?

I personally messed up the first one big time, but fortunately had bought another at the time I bought the cover I recommended to you, and after my total hash the first time, the second cover went on fine - Just make sure you have a ruler or something to push along it as you put it on. Just take your time and it'll work fine - It can't be full of air bubbles if you push them all out :P But if I did leave bubbles, I peeled it back slightly and re-applied taking care to put more pressure on it.

It does work, mines still going strong (Had never put one on before that one, hence the total balls up lol)

*edit* I bought the second one at the time 'cos I didn't realise the cover came with one in it. But it was only £2 so not breaking the bank Takes a few goes as I said to get it right, so I guess it's good to get the mistakes out on the first one and do it right on the second.

Sorry that it didn't work for you though Did you buy the case as well?

DragonChris;5379848

Really? What happened?I personally messed up the first one big time, but … Really? What happened?I personally messed up the first one big time, but fortunately had bought another at the time I bought the cover I recommended to you, and after my total hash the first time, the second cover went on fine - Just make sure you have a ruler or something to push along it as you put it on. Just take your time and it'll work fine - It can't be full of air bubbles if you push them all out :P But if I did leave bubbles, I peeled it back slightly and re-applied taking care to put more pressure on it.It does work, mines still going strong (Had never put one on before that one, hence the total balls up lol)*edit* I bought the second one at the time 'cos I didn't realise the cover came with one in it. But it was only £2 so not breaking the bank Takes a few goes as I said to get it right, so I guess it's good to get the mistakes out on the first one and do it right on the second.Sorry that it didn't work for you though Did you buy the case as well?

Link where you got yours from please lol?

Original Poster

DragonChris;5379848

Really? What happened?I personally messed up the first one big time, but … Really? What happened?I personally messed up the first one big time, but fortunately had bought another at the time I bought the cover I recommended to you, and after my total hash the first time, the second cover went on fine - Just make sure you have a ruler or something to push along it as you put it on. Just take your time and it'll work fine - It can't be full of air bubbles if you push them all out :P But if I did leave bubbles, I peeled it back slightly and re-applied taking care to put more pressure on it.It does work, mines still going strong (Had never put one on before that one, hence the total balls up lol)*edit* I bought the second one at the time 'cos I didn't realise the cover came with one in it. But it was only £2 so not breaking the bank Takes a few goes as I said to get it right, so I guess it's good to get the mistakes out on the first one and do it right on the second.Sorry that it didn't work for you though Did you buy the case as well?

Yeh got case as well, case ok . thanks for your help though.

h2k92;5379935

Link where you got yours from please lol?

amazon.co.uk/Nok…-11

bargainhunter2009;5379937

Yeh got case as well, case ok . thanks for your help though.

Np. I would suggest trying another protector and just see if it works out better that time, just be patient and keep the ruler etc with pressure on the film as you apply it bit by bit - Don't just peel off and slap on lol.

For £2, it's not the end of the world if it doesn't work

amazon.co.uk/Nok…t_b

Original Poster

DragonChris;5379973

Np. I would suggest trying another protector and just see if it works … Np. I would suggest trying another protector and just see if it works out better that time, just be patient and keep the ruler etc with pressure on the film as you apply it bit by bit - Don't just peel off and slap on lol.For £2, it's not the end of the world if it doesn't work :)http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-5800-Xpressmusic-Screen-Protector/dp/B001P2FUFW/ref=pd_bxgy_ce_text_b

I may buy another one, from flea bay. I did take my time, spent ages doing it!!! I did exactly as instructions suggested. :thumbsup:

bargainhunter2009;5380000

I may buy another one, from flea bay. I did take my time, spent ages … I may buy another one, from flea bay. I did take my time, spent ages doing it!!! I did exactly as instructions suggested. :thumbsup:

Lol ok, not doubting you though! Hopefully you have better luck next time :thumbsup:

Original Poster

DragonChris;5380018

Lol ok, not doubting you though! Hopefully you have better luck next time … Lol ok, not doubting you though! Hopefully you have better luck next time :thumbsup:

ive emailed the company on amazon so waiting to see what they say anyway!

i just left the original one on that came with phone..
    how or what is the easyist way to transfer music to the phone from my PC, can i just drag and my drop mp3s ?

ukmonkey;5380818

i just left the original one on that came with phone..how or what is the … i just left the original one on that came with phone..how or what is the easyist way to transfer music to the phone from my PC, can i just drag and my drop mp3s ?

The original one with the lines on it is annoying

Yes you can just copy and paste MP3s onto the phone when connected via USB.

DragonChris;5385574

The original one with the lines on it is annoying :(Yes you can just copy … The original one with the lines on it is annoying :(Yes you can just copy and paste MP3s onto the phone when connected via USB.

yeah but better than getting one that will be full of bubbles, thanks for info about copy and paste gonna give it a go now..:thumbsup:

ukmonkey;5387141

yeah but better than getting one that will be full of bubbles, thanks for … yeah but better than getting one that will be full of bubbles, thanks for info about copy and paste gonna give it a go now..:thumbsup:

Not really, as the bubbles aren't in the plastic, just trapped under it when you're putting it on

You're welcome
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1536
      3. word association Game72944192
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277963

See more discussions