Groups

nokia 5800 signal problems

my mum has a 5800 and the signal strength is constantly terrible, no matter where she is, and I dont think its the network as me and my brother are on the same network with no problems. mine nearly always has full bars and hers will be low, and sometimes nothing, and quite often she cant make calls. does/has anyone else had this problem and know of a fix. its never been updated (do they have to be, iv never updated mine in 3 years)
    thankyou

10 Comments

ive got a 5800 on vodafone and have never had a problem

SuperEd

its easy to update - done mine a few days ago

Original Poster

goonertillidie

its easy to update - done mine a few days ago

really, and u didnt experience any problems since
    did u have any problems before?

Original Poster

dontasciime

http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/03/05/new-nokia-5800-firmware-will-fix-reception-signal-problems/

i started reading that, but as it seemed specific to north america i wasnt sure whether it was applicable

SuperEd

tatemze

really, and u didnt experience any problems sincedid u have any problems … really, and u didnt experience any problems sincedid u have any problems before?

yeh was a bit slow but its fine now scince updated

Original Poster

[/quote]yeh was a bit slow but its fine now scince updated [/quote]

hmm, how do u update, sorry for asking lots of Q's, iv never updated a fone before, do u get the update from the nokia site or does it do it automatically when u plug it in?

SuperEd

its all here nokia 5800 update

Original Poster

goonertillidie

its all here nokia 5800 update

thanku

Original Poster

still weak signal after the update, any1 else any ideas??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions