Nokia 6 UK Release?

Found 25th Jun 2017
Has there been any official word on the UK release other than sometime in June?

I'm waiting to get a new Android (~£200) and figured the Nokia 6 looked good. However, I don't understand why there's so little marketing from Nokia for what is effectively their big comeback.

Anyone else waiting on it?
Community Updates
AskNokia
13 Comments
I think they are marketing their new phones for developing countries.
I'm waiting. There are dates for the 3 (July 12) and 5 (July 19). hopefully the 6 will be around the same time.
Yeah i heard it will be July, but doubt will be anywhere near £200?
I may hold out for one had a few lumias in my time great cameras and I hope they keep them or add even better one
on the site it's €229
Nokia 6
SweeneyUK

Yeah i heard it will be July, but doubt will be anywhere near £200?

​As 123shop said €230 which is just over £200
Had a Lumia 950. worst Microsoft phone I ever had. Was Nokia all the way until then.. Now I've gone to android I can't say I'd go back.
Dawsy

Had a Lumia 950. worst Microsoft phone I ever had. Was Nokia all the way … Had a Lumia 950. worst Microsoft phone I ever had. Was Nokia all the way until then.. Now I've gone to android I can't say I'd go back.

am so with you. All features of 950 made it ground breaking, but sadly they didn't work. I was going to wait for Nokia 8....but jumped to a Samsung phone when my 950 front camera failed (after update). Windows have sold out on phones and also killed Nokia.
derekduggan

am so with you. All features of 950 made it ground breaking, but sadly … am so with you. All features of 950 made it ground breaking, but sadly they didn't work. I was going to wait for Nokia 8....but jumped to a Samsung phone when my 950 front camera failed (after update). Windows have sold out on phones and also killed Nokia.

​Yes. I was paying more for a Lumia 950 than for a S7 edge. So when mine went faulty and they gave really poor customer service I told them I was in my rights to actually cancel the two year contract. They let me do this so I reluctantly went for the S7 edge.
I thought it would be difficult getting used to it. But it was easy. I really can't fault it.
Still had a Lumia 830 until last month for work. But that also was faulty.. They replaced it with an iPhone 7.. I'd rather have the faulty Lumia back. The iPhone is tosh. Soft screen already scratched in a week..
All the new Nokia phones 3,5 & 6 plus the forthcoming 8/9 are Android phones not Microsoft and they are running pretty much stock Android. They look really promising phones. Microsoft has sold the Nokia brand
Due in July in the UK - was supposed to be June but it has slipped. Oh, and Carphone Warehouse has exclusive rights on it :-( Yeah, I know :-O
Clove UK says its been delayed.
"UK LAUNCH DELAYED - AWAITING DETAILS FROM NOKIA / HMD"
clove.co.uk/nok…a-6

This was annouced at MWC and its been really frsutrating having to wait so long to get this released in the UK.

Nokia brand phones are now made my HMD with FOXCONN (a spin off company from some ex-Nokia staff - not Nokia "proper", who no longer make phone)

There was a real buzz when Nokia phones annouced their "comeback" but thats all pretty much gone! They have taken so long to get product to market.

Nokia 6 was recently released in India and i think thats a BIG market for Nokia, who have loyal customers their still.
So i wouldn't be surprised if the Nokia 6 (and others) stock is being diverted to India, and UK/Europe is getting the delays because we're not that big of a market for them.

I've been using Nokia phones only all my life so i'll wait another month for the release, but I'm running out of patients and this Nokia windows phone i currently have is on its last legs

Nokia 6 Release 2nd. August - the date HMD said it would be available from Carphone Warehouse ?

I talked to Carphone Warehouse today - both in a shop as well as their call centre - about them offering the Nokia 6 on the 2nd. August and they said that they didn't know when it was coming out. They have the codes on the system but nothing about when it will be available. The shop didn't even have a display model for the 2nd. They just pointed me at the Carphone Warehouse website and said sign up for when it will be available which I had done a few months ago. Given that it is only a couple of days away I think this is very poor of Carphone Warehouse and doesn't show that they really have a commitment to this phone. Being cynical, maybe HMD / Nokia are not paying Carphone Warehouse enough to push this phone like Samsung and Apple do.
Edited by: "infinidim" 31st Jul 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants