Found 17th Jun 2007
hi guys

my kids went to their dads yesterday and he gave my son a nokia 6111 for his birthday with a t - mobile sim

he spent another £10 of his b day money on a top up voucher but the phone wont allow me to call 150 to add the voucher so i called t mobile and had it done over the phone and i was told all that needs to be done is a call made from it, but the phone still wont allow it, the sim was tried on another t mobile 6111 and it rang so the credit is on the sim

so whats wrong with the phone?

got a very stressed 10 year old :-(

thank you

1. Misc
  2. Nokia
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Nokia
65 Comments

Is it a new phone? Seems like it might be barred or something?
- worth checking IMEI if 2nd hand
Is it showing any reception?
Tried texting?
Tried a differant network sim in the phone in case its locked?/

Where did he buy it from?

Product user guide might be worth a quick read
nokia.co.uk/A42…168
PDF on right - getting started section.
May be worth registering the phone?

Banned

is the phone turned ON :giggle:

dog_cop

is the phone turned ON :giggle:

cheeky

Banned

tracy013

cheeky

moi:whistling:

Original Poster

the phone dont look new, and shows the t mobile logo and has reception, wont allow sending of text either, upon trying to call out i get call rejected

im going to call t mobile again with the imei number

Sloth/Mod

loupomm

the phone dont look new, and shows the t mobile logo and has reception, … the phone dont look new, and shows the t mobile logo and has reception, wont allow sending of text either, upon trying to call out i get call rejected im going to call t mobile again with the imei number

It sounds like it's been barred i'm afraid Lou. :-(

Banned

loupomm

the phone dont look new, and shows the t mobile logo and has reception, … the phone dont look new, and shows the t mobile logo and has reception, wont allow sending of text either, upon trying to call out i get call rejected im going to call t mobile again with the imei number

handling stolen goods lou :whistling:

Sounds like it's second hand.
Check imei using
]http//on…php

Sound like it has almost certainly been barred though so it 100% usless as it's illegal to change IMEI and networks will not unbar it.
Going to have to get Dad to take it back by sounds of it.

Banned

Sound like it has almost certainly been barred though so it 100% usless as it's illegal to change IMEI and networks will not unbar it.

and its an arrestable offence too

dog_cop

Sound like it has almost certainly been barred though so it 100% usless … Sound like it has almost certainly been barred though so it 100% usless as it's illegal to change IMEI and networks will not unbar it.and its an arrestable offence too

dont think she was heading down that road, just trying to find out why the sim will work in other phones but not that one. :thumbsup:

tracy013

dont think she was heading down that road, just trying to find out why … dont think she was heading down that road, just trying to find out why the sim will work in other phones but not that one. :thumbsup:

It's the phone that gets barred. Nothing wrong with SIM.

tracy013

Just trying to find out why the sim will work in other phones but not … Just trying to find out why the sim will work in other phones but not that one. :thumbsup:

Its the phone thats barred not the sim

Iom-RF

Beat ya to it by about a minute :P

Banned

Iom-RF

would not surprise me if the perosn who sold the phone knew full well its was barred :x

where did you got the phone from hun ????

jinks lol

Original Poster

im on hold at t mobile now

Original Poster

pavilion

where did you got the phone from hun ????

i dont know, my sons dad gave it to him for his birthday, ive tried contacting him with no reply yet

loupomm

im on hold at t mobile now

Chances are you'll be there a while.

How to tell without calling:

"[FONT=Verdana]If you place an active Vodafone or T-Mobile sim into a blacklisted handset, the phone will appear to function perfectly UNTIL you try to make an outgoing call. When you try to call out from the handset you will hear a sequence of beeps and then the call will be dropped!!"
Source: unlockme.co.uk/bla…tml

[/FONT]

dog_cop

Sound like it has almost certainly been barred though so it 100% usless … Sound like it has almost certainly been barred though so it 100% usless as it's illegal to change IMEI and networks will not unbar it.and its an arrestable offence too

Yup 5 years max too, a little on the harsh side perhaps, but effective enough.

Banned

loupomm

i dont know, my sons dad gave it to him for his birthday, ive tried … i dont know, my sons dad gave it to him for his birthday, ive tried contacting him with no reply yet

he`s done a runner ... sign of guilt if you ask me :whistling:

Banned

seancampbell

Yup 5 years max too, a little on the harsh side perhaps, but effective … Yup 5 years max too, a little on the harsh side perhaps, but effective enough.

it falls into the organised crime bucket so to speak ...

along with pirate dvds etc

Hey lou have you got insurance on it?

Leave it in the garden, close to the fire and then claim :giggle:

Original Poster

right. it is blacklisted :-(

ex dont care, denies it could be, wont do anything about it

anyone know a cheap t mobile i can buy him to use his credit he used his birthday money on?

Sloth/Mod

loupomm

right. it is blacklisted :-(ex dont care, denies it could be, wont do … right. it is blacklisted :-(ex dont care, denies it could be, wont do anything about it anyone know a cheap t mobile i can buy him to use his credit he used his birthday money on?

:-( Sorry about that Lou.

DAMN MEN!!!! :x ( I can say that now i'm a female scouser :-D )

Any virgin phone would do too as they use same network if memory serves - or any easy unlock phone.
Motorola L6 is a nice choice - £39.99 in tescos, £20 off if you buy shopping in there (it's in hot deals forum somewhere). Not too expensive but looks nice, and is reasonably functional.

Original Poster

Syzable

:-( Sorry about that Lou.DAMN MEN!!!! :x ( I can say that now i'm a … :-( Sorry about that Lou.DAMN MEN!!!! :x ( I can say that now i'm a female scouser :-D )

yeah men!

im sooo tired of having to rectify his screw ups :cry:

Nokia's are normally very easy to unlock.

Orange and carphonewarhouse seem to have great deals on clearence phones at the mo.

Original Poster

seancampbell

Any virgin phone would do too as they use same network if memory serves - … Any virgin phone would do too as they use same network if memory serves - or any easy unlock phone.Motorola L6 is a nice choice - £39.99 in tescos, £20 off if you buy shopping in there (it's in hot deals forum somewhere). Not too expensive but looks nice, and is reasonably functional.

i have a 1112 i bought recently on virgin but it says incorrect sim?

Perhaps it has changed.. all of mine seem to work.

littlewoodsdirect.com/rf/…427 is nice when used with £23.50 voucher, 10% voucher, 10% cashback if you used them for more than £150 in a year, and quidco making it pretty affordable.

phones4u.co.uk/sho…833 is same as I suggested - tenner less in tesco if your buying shopping anyway.

That f3 is a bargain. Wouldnt buy the 2652 though!

seancampbell

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_payg_details.asp?ItemKey=161034&MPItemKey=158833 is same as I suggested - tenner less in tesco if your buying shopping anyway.That f3 is a bargain. Wouldnt buy the 2652 though!

re the 2652 - crap phone, but good temp solution, and cex will give you near £20 which perhaps could be spent on a game

Theres a Nokia 1600 for £19.99 on orange (needs to be bought with a £10 top up though)

£20 trade in pretty impressive! I still love the l6 :P I like the blockbreaker game on it. Too addictive!

seancampbell

£20 trade in pretty impressive! I still love the l6 :P I like the … £20 trade in pretty impressive! I still love the l6 :P I like the blockbreaker game on it. Too addictive!

My firend has the l6 - was gonna get it but couldnt see the screen in the sun :-(

Can't say I'v ever had that problem. Mine still works and had it for absolutely ages now, really do need to get around to upgrading!

seancampbell

Can't say I'v ever had that problem. Mine still works and had it for … Can't say I'v ever had that problem. Mine still works and had it for absolutely ages now, really do need to get around to upgrading!

perhaps the l7
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769295
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604800
    3. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128

See more discussions