Nokia 8 issue/new phone recommendations

Posted 4th FebEdited by:"little_green"
so my nokia 8 has finally become a victim of the static half screen. was working perfectly, no warning at all. seems like a known widespread issue. contacted nokia but it is out of warranty so they will charge me for repairing.

pretty irked at timing.
got the phone end nov 2017 so contract ended end nov 2019. As i liked it i decided to go simo instead & stick with the n8 instead of upgrading to the p30 (despite temptation). Now i'm stuck in a 12month simo (barely 2 months in) no nokia 8 & to top it all the p30 is available on contract even cheaper! but i cant justify tying into a 24m contract when i have 10 months simo remaining to pay for.

i'll keep my eyes peeled for a good deal locally in terms of buying a second hand device but really the p30 is the only thing catching my eye. I like it (the regular version) due to size, so if anything similar size & also has flagship processor please feel free to recommend.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
Depending what network you’re on, you can usually upgrade if you’re on a sim only plan, speak to your network and see if you can upgrade without the need of paying early upgrade costs etc

I did this with virgin media mobile numerous year ago and few years ago with EE.
ahk_0804/02/2020 19:08

Depending what network you’re on, you can usually upgrade if you’re on a si …Depending what network you’re on, you can usually upgrade if you’re on a sim only plan, speak to your network and see if you can upgrade without the need of paying early upgrade costs etcI did this with virgin media mobile numerous year ago and few years ago with EE.

but it is a 12m simo contract
Update :

Three want to charge me £75 for upgrading early but said that if I wait until end of march they might be able to waive this as I'll have been in the contract over 3 months (their t&C's done state this though) they did agree to match the p30 uswicth deal but I'd still have the £75 on top of that.
I do have a phone I can use in the interim so it's not like I'm without a phone completely but knowing my luck by the end of march the uSwitch deal will be back up in price.
Not sure what to do
Edited by: "little_green" 5th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants