NOKIA 8800 CAMERA PROBLEM - HELP NEEDED!!!

Today I went to take a picture with my Nokia 8800 and I couldn't see the viewfinder on the screen. I just saw the background and when I clicked capture the phone froze and it then said 'Operation Failed'. This was followed up by 'Camera On Standby'.

Can anyone help me???

9 Comments

Can anyone help me???

Yes. Get a half-decent phone

Original Poster

Really like the 8800 - would rather get it fixed

Original Poster

Anyone that can help?

Will be a software problem, that's all, and 8800s are renowned for software issues.

Try updating your firmware using the phone's updater service or the program CD you would have got with the phone.

Failing that, google 'debrand 8800' or something and that may tell you the steps and program needed to unlock the phone to all networks.

I just did that on my N95 because O2 weren't allowing version 20 for some reason. The program i used was Nemesis Service Suite and the instructions were online. Now i get slightly better battery life and a more stable OS.

Good luck

Stradders;2356274

Yes. Get a half-decent phone

Excuse me. DOnt talk about the Nokia 8800 Series like that.

Original Poster

Stradders;2358102

Will be a software problem, that's all, and 8800s are renowned for … Will be a software problem, that's all, and 8800s are renowned for software issues.Try updating your firmware using the phone's updater service or the program CD you would have got with the phone.Failing that, google 'debrand 8800' or something and that may tell you the steps and program needed to unlock the phone to all networks.I just did that on my N95 because O2 weren't allowing version 20 for some reason. The program i used was Nemesis Service Suite and the instructions were online. Now i get slightly better battery life and a more stable OS.Good luck

Well I can't connect the 8800 to computer through cable. Don't you need cable to update?

UFK;2359227

Well I can't connect the 8800 to computer through cable. Don't you need … Well I can't connect the 8800 to computer through cable. Don't you need cable to update?

Yes, you should have had all the gubbins in the box.

You could pick up a cheap one though from somewhere like ebay or whatever

Original Poster

Well I didn't get a cable and I don't see how you could connect it

Well if there's no connection then you can't connect it

Use the phone's updater service or as previously advised, get a phone that is at least half-decent
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2450
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846137
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2745
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?1959

See more discussions