Groups

Nokia advice needed please

My mrs' Nokia N70 wont charge up! I have a spare battery and when i put that in its fine, everything works, but when i plug the charger in nothing happens. It was fine until Sunday and i cant figure out what has happened. Any advice would be appreciated.

If it cant be fixed how much hall i try and get for it considering everything else is perfect - no scratches etc.

Cheers

12 Comments

charger port needs replacing although it might work if you update firmware.

Move the charger bit that goies into your phone a bit, this happened to my phone and theres like one position where it actually charges.... a bit annoying really.

Original Poster

glensymes;3204911

Move the charger bit that goies into your phone a bit, this happened to … Move the charger bit that goies into your phone a bit, this happened to my phone and theres like one position where it actually charges.... a bit annoying really.

Tried already, will have another shuffle around though. Cheers

Original Poster

Karim786;3204910

charger port needs replacing although it might work if you update … charger port needs replacing although it might work if you update firmware.

How do i get new firmware?

glensymes;3204911

Move the charger bit that goies into your phone a bit, this happened to … Move the charger bit that goies into your phone a bit, this happened to my phone and theres like one position where it actually charges.... a bit annoying really.

its due to the pin being small and it gets easily bent, that could well be the problem - i get it with fake chargers mainly

MANJ_007;3204929

How do i get new firmware?

[URL="nokia.co.uk"]nokia.co.uk[/URL]

Banned

try replacing charger

It might be a little dust in there, you just need to clean the charger port. ans here we go. plz let me know. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Got 2 original chargers - none work on this phone but others are ok
    Have blown hard down the charging port - nothing
    Just about to get a little alcohol!!!

MANJ_007;3205906

Got 2 original chargers - none work on this phone but others are okHave … Got 2 original chargers - none work on this phone but others are okHave blown hard down the charging port - nothingJust about to get a little alcohol!!!

definately the port then.

MANJ_007;3205906

Got 2 original chargers - none work on this phone but others are okHave … Got 2 original chargers - none work on this phone but others are okHave blown hard down the charging port - nothingJust about to get a little alcohol!!!

Good idea! :thumbsup:
    When all else fails get WASTED! :prop:

Original Poster

LOL the alcohol was for the nokia not me. What u guys recon i should sell it for with a dodgy port then?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?48
      2. Best laptop for a budget of £700?11
      3. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER89
      4. Free EE data (contract)11

See more discussions