Nokia E71 -or- Samsung SGH-i780 ?

4 replies
Found 22nd Jul 2010
Hello, could anyone help me choose between these 2 phones.

here are 2 specification comparisions:
gsmarena.com/com…425
phonegg.com/com…tml

Im not really up-to-date with phones, but to me the i780 has the advantages of having the touch-screen, faster processor and the ability to show inbox updates from 3 different email accounts on the phones homescreen, on the downside the build quality and looks are not as good as the E71.

In addition to making calls and sending texts, i require the phone for mainly 2 other tasks:
1) Checking emails, so i would prefer a phone with the ability to show inbox updates live or/and on the phones home screen.

2) Sort-of a strange 1, but whenever i go to gym, i always tell myself i need to keep a record of how much im lifting and how many sets, so i think a phone with word or excel like feature would be ideal for recording progress.

Thanks for any help, much appriciated!!!

4 Comments

Original Poster

bump 1

I haven't read the specs cos it's E71 everytime.

I love that phone and was on for getting one but O2 messed me about so ended up with a 5800.

Safe to say I was gutted.

Original Poster

firth_face

I haven't read the specs cos it's E71 everytime.I love that phone and was … I haven't read the specs cos it's E71 everytime.I love that phone and was on for getting one but O2 messed me about so ended up with a 5800.Safe to say I was gutted.

thanks, people who have the phone do seem to love it, despite it being over almost 2 years old

if i had the money i'd still be after one now.

I wanted a blackberry but I soon associated them with snotty businessmen after many ventures on the train to uni. So I decided i'd gun for an E71.

Hope you get one!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. printing pictures22
    2. Second sky q mini box - can i buy from ebay?1318
    3. active noise cancelling headphones32
    4. How are these websites Direct2Mum, PreciousLittleOne?22

See more discussions