Nokia N8 v HTC Desire - Which to upgrade to?

8 replies
Found 15th Nov 2010
I need your advice on which of the 2 phones to upgrade to? I'm currently with 3 and have a choice of Galaxy S, Nokia C7, Desire (not HD), Nokia N8 and possibly SE X10. I have narrowed it down to N8 and Desire I think but don't know which would be better as I've not tried the newer N8.

Any advice good people?

8 Comments

Galaxy S is by far the best out of that list - interesting to see you knocked it out of your choices

Original Poster

bassman_uk

Galaxy S is by far the best out of that list

It may be in specifications but I find it quite ugly, plasticky and I'm generally not impressed with it other than the screen.

If you wanna make calls and have a good camera get the nokia but if you use your phone for internet,music,games, sat nav and thousands of apps get the desire,

Original Poster

tonyg1962

If you wanna make calls and have a good camera get the nokia but if you … If you wanna make calls and have a good camera get the nokia but if you use your phone for internet,music,games, sat nav and thousands of apps get the desire,

I do use my phone mainly for internet, games, apps etc. I'm currently using the Orange San Francisco but have found that android doesn't have as many good games and apps as the Apple app store (I also have an Apple 3G!). Nokia Ovi maps is arguably comparable to Google navigation they say too.

Decisions, decisions...:(

Anyone have experience of using the N8? Might check out the reviews on Youtube...

The desire is much much faster than the San francisco ,
Heres a review of the n8
gsmarena.com/nok…php

hi i got the n8 yesterday and i think its so easy to use , im glad i got it i think you should go for the n8

I would say samsung galaxy s , i have it an its a great phone.
I find it quite light without a case but with a coase its got a nice weight a feel to it.Screen is far superior than any other phone i have seen.

Original Poster

Thanks for the comments guys. I don't really like the Galaxy - just looks and feels plasticky. I tried out the N8 in a shop today but wasn't impressed with the same UI as my Nokia 5800 and every other Nokia before that!

Looking more like the Desire now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…52114
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522882
    3. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…33
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***721
    5. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769569

See more discussions