Groups

Nokia N95 Bar code reader how do i use it/ wht is it?

^^^

9 Comments

Nothing fancy, it can read barcodes and show the data encoded within it. To use it you simply point it at a barcode and let the camera focus on it, if it's worked it will show the data shortly afterwards. There was an N95 thread here composed entirely of datamatrix barcodes.

John

As John as put...but they don't read your normal barcodes you get on food stuff at Tesco...

The thread he is referring to is ]HERE

HTH

Should be able to read normal barcodes as well although non-zoom devices such as the N95 seem to have more difficulty with it, the N93 could do so.

John

Original Poster

so wht do the bar codes look like then? please

mum2b;2585394

so wht do the bar codes look like then? please

Click the link birdboyuk posted. Theres some in there

Banned

Call me pedantic, but shouldn't a BAR code have some bars in it?

[img]mobilecodes.nokia.com/dm?BARCODE=I'm%20borredd.%20At%20least%20you%20know%20what%20one%20looks%20like%20now.%20Rep%20button%20is%20%3C%3C%20that-a%20way%20%3A)&X=0.18&name=&type=text&MODE=TEXT&a=create[/img]

Johnmcl7;2585317

Should be able to read normal barcodes as well although non-zoom devices … Should be able to read normal barcodes as well although non-zoom devices such as the N95 seem to have more difficulty with it, the N93 could do so.John

Oh :? I could never do it with mine, so assumed they dont work! lol Well, at least I know! :thumbsup:Thanks

Foosball Chum;2585740

Call me pedantic, but shouldn't a BAR code have some bars in it?

These aren't barcodes they are Smartcodes or Data Matrix.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1339
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826364
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1214
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1861344

See more discussions