Groups

Nokia N95 Maps! help

Banned
    hey, just got the nokia n95 black 8 gig, and i was told at the shop that to use the sat nav you have pay £45 or something, can i not get this for free? let me know your thoughts cheers

9 Comments

Banned

You can use the maps, you just need a 3g connection, costs £5 per month.

However for traffic updates and poi's you need to pay

P.S. its an awesome phone, I love my little N95. Just bought a bluetooth to hook up to it

Original Poster Banned

so even tho i have the phone i stil have to pay for the sat nav to work?

Banned

No you have to pay to download the maps from yahoo. You need internet connection to get the full use of it anyway

seanbwfc

so even tho i have the phone i stil have to pay for the sat nav to work?

No, all the maps are free.

You only pay for the voice turn by turn directions.

]http//eu…291

Original Poster Banned

gettin confused here, one of you sayin i have pay and one sayin i don't lol how much is it for the voice thingy?

Original Poster Banned

anyone know more about the maps?

Banned

We are not conflicting at all. we are both saying the same thing.

OK, the maps are free, however they need downloading, this downloading requires an internet connection, you can do so much in your local wireless connection at home, but when you are out and about you need a 3G internet connection. You can connect straight away per minute, but its costly. The most cost effective way is to sign up for an internet connection, this connection will cost around £5 per month. With the maps downloaded and a satellite signal you will be able to use the sat nav.

However if you then need voices and turn by turn directions, or places of interest and extra's like that, you will need to pay a subscription to the sat nav service.

OK, understand now?

Banned

or better option get tom tom 6 and a bluetooth receiver .. and bobs your uncle , mine works a dream N95 the dogs conkers.. mmm might need the black one now though :santa:

Original Poster Banned

i just got the black one, could you pm me dog_cop on more info about that tom tom 6 thing?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…11
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?88
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831126

See more discussions