Found 31st Dec 2009
Hi All,

I have a Nokia N95 8 gig version.
Im intressted in using the SAT-NAV, as my current sat-nav is years old and is always getting me lost.

However with Nokia's maps you need to pay to use the sat-nav feature.
is it possible to download tom tom maps onto the nokia and use the gps software to turn it into a Nokia TomTom sat nav? :P

Ive been looking on google and things and all i found was a youtube video of someone with this mod

Cheers
and happy new year

11 Comments

Yes you can, you just need to Tomtom software, i have done this myself.
You need to buy the Tomtom mobile software however.

Let me know if you need any help and I will assist further.

also done the same, it is quite easy

Yes, I have TomTom on my N95-8GB. I have the middleware app installed so that I can use the internal GPS unit with TomTom as well.

You need :

TomTom Navigation Software
Maps - Activated by license obviously, and
Middleware app software to use the internal GPS unit or an external bluetooth GPS unit.

Works perfectly.

Stick Garmin XT on it.
Well chuffed with mine
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks for all the replys..

could someone post links to all these differnt things i need?
I need to make sure im installing the correct things cheers guys

i have the software if you want me to send it to you, with instructions on what to do

Original Poster

esq3585;3907480

Stick Garmin XT on it.Well chuffed with mine:thumbsup::thumbsup:

is this free?

Original Poster

ive just installed the TomTom.. any ideas where i can get the maps? I dont really want to buy them....

StevenA2000_uk;3907393

Yes, I have TomTom on my N95-8GB. I have the middleware app installed so … Yes, I have TomTom on my N95-8GB. I have the middleware app installed so that I can use the internal GPS unit with TomTom as well.You need : TomTom Navigation SoftwareMaps - Activated by license obviously, andMiddleware app software to use the internal GPS unit or an external bluetooth GPS unit.Works perfectly.

Can you supply me further details of the "Middleware app software "

dlozuk;3911904

Can you supply me further details of the "Middleware app software "

basically its 2 Nokia N95 applications......

1 is an interface program that reads the GPS co-ordinates from the internal GPS unit and allows the TomTom software to read them from it.

And the other is a virtual bluetooth GPS device to switch on the internal GPS unit so that it starts receiving the GPS co-ordinates.

They're not hugh programs, only a couple of Kb each I think.....pretty straightforward stuff....all you have to remember to do is to open the interface program in the applications menu and leave it running otherwise TomTom wont be able to read the GPS co-ordinates from it while its on.

Sorry to resurrect, but I need help as well...

Haven't d/loaded the software yet, but would appreciate some advice (been having a look around and it's a bit confusing).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47382
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions