Groups

Nokia N96 - £17.00 permonth --> Good deals?

Renewed the contract with the following tariff one week ago
    Nokia N96 - black
    150 mins cross net
    500 text
    unlimited internet and email
    Monthly subscription: £17 (18 months contract)
    Phone cost: £95

Do you think this is a good deals?

8 Comments

naaaaa

what network are u on already!?

£17 a month is okay, but I don't see much point in buying a high-end phone, and then barely using it with that paltry 150 minute allowance.

Original Poster

stephen2k5;5153844

what network are u on already!?

it is vodafone

ah ok. i would never have paid for the phone tbh! but u usually if u upgrade just speak to retentions and they'll sort u out!

Original Poster

dxx;5153923

£17 a month is okay, but I don't see much point in buying a high-end … £17 a month is okay, but I don't see much point in buying a high-end phone, and then barely using it with that paltry 150 minute allowance.

i agree with you. the main three features I use on the road are the GPS, 5MP camera and internet. I hv to admit that I probably under-use mobile user, was on 75 minutes 100 text in the previous contract and was sufficient actually on £16 permonth with N95. I was about to move to iphone which offer the three main features of my criteria but the vodafone came out with the deal and accepted.

reason of asking for opinion here is that my wife will upgrade her too soon and may go for iphone instead.

thanks for the response

Original Poster

stephen2k5;5153955

ah ok. i would never have paid for the phone tbh! but u usually if u … ah ok. i would never have paid for the phone tbh! but u usually if u upgrade just speak to retentions and they'll sort u out!

agreed. spoke to retention and with my previous tariff subscription of £16 per month, they can't do a deal without paying one off cost for the phone. I would expect the N96 price will come down as the successor N97 is coming in July. probably the wrong time to renew the contract.

kengboon1;5153992

agreed. spoke to retention and with my previous tariff subscription of … agreed. spoke to retention and with my previous tariff subscription of £16 per month, they can't do a deal without paying one off cost for the phone. I would expect the N96 price will come down as the successor N97 is coming in July. probably the wrong time to renew the contract.

yeah if u could have waited a bit u may have got a much bettter deal or phone. my gf called o2 and spoke to retentions and got a cracking deal, its always worth threatening to leave and finding deals around for them to compare to. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions