Groups

Nokia N96 bought off ebay in April - now faulty. Warranty advice please.

As per title.

Bought as present for my brother for £260 + postage.

The seller had advertised that it was his contract unwanted upgrade phone, BNIB. The phone display is not working.

Can anyone please advise where I can take it to be repaired? Rep for help. Thanks.

23 Comments

It should say on the warranty card that was in the box.

take it to carphone warehouse.

I had the same problem with a phone I bought off ebay and I just took it down there and they sorted it out.

Take it into a carphone warehouse repair centre:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Shengis;7335845

It should say on the warranty card that was in the box.

Thanks.
    It was for my brother, he is posting it back. I'll have a look when it comes. I'm guessing there may be Nokia repair center list, is that where we send? I've read somewhere here that CPW will repair after scanning the IMEI code to check if it is still under warranty. Any ideas?

Original Poster

czar.nik;7335872

take it to carphone warehouse.I had the same problem with a phone I … take it to carphone warehouse.I had the same problem with a phone I bought off ebay and I just took it down there and they sorted it out.

jtx;7335877

Take it into a carphone warehouse repair centre:thumbsup:

Thats what I was looking for :-D

Will they ask if I bought it from them?

Brb, googling CPW repair centers

Marina;7335904

Thats what I was looking for :-DWill they ask if I bought it from them? … Thats what I was looking for :-DWill they ask if I bought it from them? :)Brb, googling CPW repair centers

no they won't. they do sometimes ask for proof of purchase but I just explained that I'd bought it from ebay and brought my paypal receipt. I was lucky I got a nice person mind you......

Check the carphone warehouse website and look for repair centres near your postcode.

It doesn't matter where you bought it, they'll fix it for free if in warranty.

Original Poster

czar.nik;7336201

no they won't. they do sometimes ask for proof of purchase but I just … no they won't. they do sometimes ask for proof of purchase but I just explained that I'd bought it from ebay and brought my paypal receipt. I was lucky I got a nice person mind you...... Check the carphone warehouse website and look for repair centres near your postcode.

jtx;7336214

It doesn't matter where you bought it, they'll fix it for free if in … It doesn't matter where you bought it, they'll fix it for free if in warranty.

Thanks guys

Banned

contact the nokia number on the warranty bit of the manuals........

dont know anything about cpw fixing when u aint bought from them but u may be lucky ......id be ringing nokia rather than mucking about with them

most cpw are nokia service centres amongst other mobile phone shops.
    check nokia website for nearest service centre, it will not cost you unless they deem that it is user damage

jtx;7336214

It doesn't matter where you bought it, they'll fix it for free if in … It doesn't matter where you bought it, they'll fix it for free if in warranty.

czar.nik;7336201

no they won't. they do sometimes ask for proof of purchase but I just … no they won't. they do sometimes ask for proof of purchase but I just explained that I'd bought it from ebay and brought my paypal receipt. I was lucky I got a nice person mind you...... Check the carphone warehouse website and look for repair centres near your postcode.

Just out of interest, do CPW fix any phones in warranty or is it just nokias? more specifically HTCs? thanks

sent my phone to local service centre. phone is about 3 years old. they just said they would fix it. no questions like where i bought it.mind you has been gone over a week now as the main board was broken so they had to send it off. just google local nokia repair centre and drop it off.

Banned

casparwhite;7336440

contact the nokia number on the warranty bit of the manuals........dont … contact the nokia number on the warranty bit of the manuals........dont know anything about cpw fixing when u aint bought from them but u may be lucky ......id be ringing nokia rather than mucking about with them

CPW are authorised nokia service centres, and if you are local to a repair centre nokia will just send you to them anyway

carphonewarehouse.com/sup…res

theres a list of cpw repair centres

Banned

colinsunderland;7337978

CPW are authorised nokia service centres, and if you are local to a … CPW are authorised nokia service centres, and if you are local to a repair centre nokia will just send you to them anywayhttp://www.carphonewarehouse.com/support/store-locator/express-repair-centrestheres a list of cpw repair centres

im sure they are with the amount of fones they sell, its another way of getting kick backs but as i said befor i would contact nokia themselves as they are the 1's you have the warranty with! plus the fact they offer a freepost address without mucking about.....

nokia.co.uk/sup…air

nokia.co.uk/NOK…pdf

Nokia can be unhelpful if you don't have the original proof of purchase for the phone whereas CPW tend to just scan the IMEI and if it shows in warranty just repair it.

John

Banned

Johnmcl7;7338578

Nokia can be unhelpful if you don't have the original proof of purchase … Nokia can be unhelpful if you don't have the original proof of purchase for the phone whereas CPW tend to just scan the IMEI and if it shows in warranty just repair it.John

never had that problem myself.......either here or australia they work of the imei in my experience in both countries

2 years warranty is included as standard

Banned

casparwhite;7338240

im sure they are with the amount of fones they sell, its another way of … im sure they are with the amount of fones they sell, its another way of getting kick backs but as i said befor i would contact nokia themselves as they are the 1's you have the warranty with! plus the fact they offer a freepost address without mucking about.....http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/repairhttp://www.nokia.co.uk/NOKIA_UK_23/EUROPE_NOKIA_COM_3/Get_Support/Repair/freepost_forms/Freepost-return-form-V13.pdf

Its got nothing to do with how many phones they sell.
    If its easier for you to post the phone away and be without it for days/weeks than walk in somewhere and get it fixed there and then, then obviously use the freepost address.

As you said, the if the imei shows the phone being withing the warranty period then there shouldn't be any hassle about proof of purchase

Banned

colinsunderland;7338603

Its got nothing to do with how many phones they sell.If its easier for … Its got nothing to do with how many phones they sell.If its easier for you to post the phone away and be without it for days/weeks than walk in somewhere and get it fixed there and then, then obviously use the freepost address.As you said, the if the imei shows the phone being withing the warranty period then there shouldn't be any hassle about proof of purchase

i never said it was ....what i was implying tho was that they sell a hell of a lot of phones and being a business doing that its only logical that they become a repair centre and receive kickbacks for repairing phones as well as selling them......business and all that.

also from experience, they dont fix them there and then....you take it there drop it off and await contact for it to be colllected.......or my experiences have been that way anyway:)

casparwhite;7338613

i never said it was ....what i was implying tho was that they sell a hell … i never said it was ....what i was implying tho was that they sell a hell of a lot of phones and being a business doing that its only logical that they become a repair centre and receive kickbacks for repairing phones as well as selling them......business and all that.also from experience, they dont fix them there and then....you take it there drop it off and await contact for it to be colllected.......or my experiences have been that way anyway:)

maybe it depends on which repair centre you take it to.

I took one of my phones there before and they fixed it before the end of the day.
    Some things do ofcourse require being left there for longer

casparwhite;7338240

im sure they are with the amount of fones they sell, its another way of … im sure they are with the amount of fones they sell, its another way of getting kick backs but as i said befor i would contact nokia themselves as they are the 1's you have the warranty with! plus the fact they offer a freepost address without mucking about.....http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/repairhttp://www.nokia.co.uk/NOKIA_UK_23/EUROPE_NOKIA_COM_3/Get_Support/Repair/freepost_forms/Freepost-return-form-V13.pdf

I don't understand your problem with CPW - if you check your own links they will actually direct you to a CPW store if they're closest to you. If CPW weren't up to a sufficient standard, Nokia wouldn't let them repair the phones.

John

czar.nik;7339348

maybe it depends on which repair centre you take it to.I took one of my … maybe it depends on which repair centre you take it to.I took one of my phones there before and they fixed it before the end of the day.Some things do ofcourse require being left there for longer

CPW have standard and express repair stores, if it's express repair then obviously it's quicker - I used to have an express store near me and they repaired the phone each time before the end of the day.

John

casparwhite;7338584

never had that problem myself.......either here or australia they work of … never had that problem myself.......either here or australia they work of the imei in my experience in both countries2 years warranty is included as standard

While you've never had the problem yourself, it's relatively well known hence the recommendations here for CPW from those more familiar with Nokia and CPW's repair systems. If you read the terms of the warranty it explicitly mentions the requirement for the proof of purchase.

John

Banned

Johnmcl7;7345174

I don't understand your problem with CPW - if you check your own links … I don't understand your problem with CPW - if you check your own links they will actually direct you to a CPW store if they're closest to you. If CPW weren't up to a sufficient standard, Nokia wouldn't let them repair the phones.John

i donyt have a problem with cpw i was simply pointing out you dont have to use them and you can send it off for free.....its as simple as that:thumbsup:

Johnmcl7;7345215

While you've never had the problem yourself, it's relatively well known … While you've never had the problem yourself, it's relatively well known hence the recommendations here for CPW from those more familiar with Nokia and CPW's repair systems. If you read the terms of the warranty it explicitly mentions the requirement for the proof of purchase.John

you seem to be looking for some kind of argument.....posting twice to me within minutes.....

the warranty bit in manuals is standard but most manufacturers will work off serial numbers to see when it was manufactured this goes for most things including laptops, speakers blah blah blah.

there are options is the point i was making and why go directly to cpw when there may be an easier option closer to home or more convenient like posting it off from the comfort of home

get over it, its not such a big deal

nokia are pretty good like most big companies when sorting this kind of stuff out and i am familar with the process both here and in australia as i already mentioned
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions