Nokia N97 Help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 replies
Found 26th Aug 2009
Right i'm not very mobile phone savvy, not had one for years.

Just got a nokia n97 and the thing is doing my head in, It wont send sms messages just keeps saying unable to send (yes I have a signal)

Also when I try to go online with it I get the following Packet data, pacaket data connection not available.

Any advice?

9 Comments

Banned

You need to update your network setting for the internet. I would presume your sim card has not yet registered with the network. Give it 24hrs, should be ok, you usually recieve a message welcoming you to the network when it registers you

is it a branded one? Are you using a different sim card to the phone version?

Original Poster

sculpturatus;6126375

You need to update your network setting for the internet. I would … You need to update your network setting for the internet. I would presume your sim card has not yet registered with the network. Give it 24hrs, should be ok, you usually recieve a message welcoming you to the network when it registers you

Yeah Its been on for over 24 hours and no message. It's with T-Mobile, Should I maybe give them a call?

Original Poster

kyalion;6126385

is it a branded one? Are you using a different sim card to the phone … is it a branded one? Are you using a different sim card to the phone version?

The phone isn't branded, sim is with t-mobile

try turning off take out battery and sim then put battery back in without sim and turn on then turn off then pu sim back in and battery and turn back on go to main menue settings connectivity mobile networks select network any other network not your it will say fobitdden then choose your network.

Banned

oldmankensey;6126392

Yeah Its been on for over 24 hours and no message. It's with T-Mobile, … Yeah Its been on for over 24 hours and no message. It's with T-Mobile, Should I maybe give them a call?

Yeah defo :thumbsup:

oldmankensey;6126403

The phone isn't branded, sim is with t-mobile

Then it's not what I had in mind.

try ringing t-mobile and asking for your settings to be sent to the phone, you should recieve a couple of messages save them or delete them:thumbsup:

you have to call T-Mobile and tell them the problem your having and what they normally do is send you a text message with the settings which will allow you to go online and sms.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63655
    2. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    3. win free cash32
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines10

See more discussions