Groups

Nokia N97 User Guide - Available now !

Just found this.... Get used to your new phone before it arrives...

nds1.nokia.com/pho…pdf

Enjoy....

maxmix

21 Comments

Original Poster

Clicky ;-) For those that dont know how to highlight... Yes there are some !

nds1.nokia.com/pho…pdf

maxmix

pathetic attempt from nokia, omnia hd has trumpt it.

You are truely a genuis!

rash;5412984

pathetic attempt from nokia, omnia hd has trumpt it.

I'm very keen on this as the main feature I miss from the 5800 is a full qwerty keyboard however after the messy N96 release firmware I'm wary at jumping on the N97 at release.

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;5413191

I'm very keen on this as the main feature I miss from the 5800 is a full … I'm very keen on this as the main feature I miss from the 5800 is a full qwerty keyboard however after the messy N96 release firmware I'm wary at jumping on the N97 at release.John

Most new models have their problems on 1st firmware, always update to the latest etc...

Not sure the little Koreans will beat the Finns on this one...

Maybe 'Rash' has tried the N97 already, not sure etc, but the 1st real reviewers are impressed...

gsmarena.com/nok…php

maxmix

maxmix;5413298

Most new models have their problems on 1st firmware, always update to the … Most new models have their problems on 1st firmware, always update to the latest etc...Not sure the little Koreans will beat the Finns on this one...Maybe 'Rash' has tried the N97 already, not sure etc, but the 1st real reviewers are impressed...http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n97-2615.phpmaxmix

I have the N95 8GB and the 5800, both impressive phones. N95 8GB because of the features it has and the H/W keypad, and the 5800 because it's cheap considering the hardware.

N96 is was a big dissappointment, and the N97 is likely to be aswell considering the slow processor and no dedicated GPU.

You can argue processor speed does not always make a difference which is true, however even if it is underclocked the horsepower is there. Not the case for N97.

I aint impressed with the. OmniaHD is great,, however it is big, and not to my liking.

Still waiting for something to match the N95 8GB.

maxmix;5413298

Most new models have their problems on 1st firmware, always update to the … Most new models have their problems on 1st firmware, always update to the latest etc...Not sure the little Koreans will beat the Finns on this one...Maybe 'Rash' has tried the N97 already, not sure etc, but the 1st real reviewers are impressed...http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n97-2615.phpmaxmix

Not always and there's no guarantee on how quickly the fixes will be put in place, the 5800 on its release firmware in Europe was very solid whereas some of the other ones have not been and taken a while to get sorted. I'd hope as the N97 is a beefed up 5800 it would be similarly good on firmware but I think that's optimistic.

John

Johnmcl7;5413524

Not always and there's no guarantee on how quickly the fixes will be put … Not always and there's no guarantee on how quickly the fixes will be put in place, the 5800 on its release firmware in Europe was very solid whereas some of the other ones have not been and taken a while to get sorted. I'd hope as the N97 is a beefed up 5800 it would be similarly good on firmware but I think that's optimistic.John

i was optimisitic right up until Nokia decided the processor was going to be the same as all of their other phones (same as 5800) but clocked at about 400Mhz and no dedicated graphics.

rash;5413454

I have the N95 8GB and the 5800, both impressive phones. N95 8GB because … I have the N95 8GB and the 5800, both impressive phones. N95 8GB because of the features it has and the H/W keypad, and the 5800 because it's cheap considering the hardware.N96 is was a big dissappointment, and the N97 is likely to be aswell considering the slow processor and no dedicated GPU. You can argue processor speed does not always make a difference which is true, however even if it is underclocked the horsepower is there. Not the case for N97.I aint impressed with the. OmniaHD is great,, however it is big, and not to my liking.Still waiting for something to match the N95 8GB.

I've got the N79, I know the screen ain't as big, but it's quick and the GUI looks the nuts. Nothing has still got close to the iPhone for a nice bright OS with a pretty much perfect UI. At the moment I don't like any other touch only phone other than the iPhone, that's why I went for the N79.

Never had problems with the speed of the 5800, I don't do any gaming on mine and it's smooth through the menus and can play back videos without issue. The N97 screen resolution is only slightly higher so it doesn't need more power to use that and I'd rather have a device that can last a decent amount of time on its battery, I really dislike flashy smartphones that have poor batterylife.

John

Johnmcl7;5413802

Never had problems with the speed of the 5800, I don't do any gaming on … Never had problems with the speed of the 5800, I don't do any gaming on mine and it's smooth through the menus and can play back videos without issue. The N97 screen resolution is only slightly higher so it doesn't need more power to use that and I'd rather have a device that can last a decent amount of time on its battery, I really dislike flashy smartphones that have poor batterylife.John

Web browsing is not very quick, especially if you have quite a few applications installed like me. It's adequate, but not quite.

Banned

Isn't the n95 8gb 200mhz? On my phone now so bit long winded to search myself.

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;5413802

Never had problems with the speed of the 5800, I don't do any gaming on … Never had problems with the speed of the 5800, I don't do any gaming on mine and it's smooth through the menus and can play back videos without issue. The N97 screen resolution is only slightly higher so it doesn't need more power to use that and I'd rather have a device that can last a decent amount of time on its battery, I really dislike flashy smartphones that have poor batterylife.John

Got to agree with you, 1st week with my 5800 all is great, so much faster than past Symbian handsets and i've had loads....

maxmix

rash;5421173

Web browsing is not very quick, especially if you have quite a few … Web browsing is not very quick, especially if you have quite a few applications installed like me. It's adequate, but not quite.

I find that's a fault with the default browser (which I don't rate very highly), not the performance of the processor.
    John

lumoruk;5421200

Isn't the n95 8gb 200mhz? On my phone now so bit long winded to search … Isn't the n95 8gb 200mhz? On my phone now so bit long winded to search myself.

No, it's a 333Mhz processor although still slower than the 5800's 370Mhz processor.

John

Original Poster

rash;5421173

Web browsing is not very quick, especially if you have quite a few … Web browsing is not very quick, especially if you have quite a few applications installed like me. It's adequate, but not quite.

Do not use built in browser !

Get Opera Mini :thumbsup:

maxmix

Banned

maxmix;5421273

Do not use built in browser !Get Opera Mini :thumbsup:maxmix

You got the firefox mobile beta yet? I can't find it anywhere. Don't bother with sky fire.

Original Poster

lumoruk;5421308

You got the firefox mobile beta yet? I can't find it anywhere. Don't … You got the firefox mobile beta yet? I can't find it anywhere. Don't bother with sky fire.

Do you mean Mozilla Fennec ?

maxmix

If so I think it only works on the Nokia Tablet N810 etc

Banned

Yeah just seen that. Gits

maxmix;5421273

Do not use built in browser !Get Opera Mini :thumbsup:maxmix

Doesn't have flash, and although very fast, quite limited in what it could do. Opera Mobile is much better, far more options.

lumoruk;5421308

You got the firefox mobile beta yet? I can't find it anywhere. Don't … You got the firefox mobile beta yet? I can't find it anywhere. Don't bother with sky fire.

Fennec is for maemo, it's not that good yet. Last time I checked it was beta.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047173
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2441
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64489
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251371

See more discussions