Groups

Nokia phones - what's got the best features that's not as expensive as N95?

Ok, I'm after a decent new Nokia - I'd like the N95 but want to spend less

Does anyone know of a website or way I can find a simple list of Nokia phones with their main features compared

Like memory size, camera spec etc.?

many thanks
    nicojo

12 Comments

I like my E65.

Not seen to many around. Nice features and not as prone to faults as the N95

have you tried nokia.co.uk :thumbsup:

Get an n80, does the same job

Banned

My wife has just received her 6500 slide, and its marvelous, packed with the same features as the N95. The browsing capabilites are poor but other than than its a decent phone :thumbsup:

This site is quite good for a basic comparison of phones:

esato.com/pho…es/

What features specifically do you want from the N95? In terms of a complete featureset the N82 is really the only other model that is much the same, others lack various features so it really depends what you're wanting.

John

Have a look at 6120c, I have one

3310's are pretty good...

n73 is cheap and does the same job, only thing it doesnt have is GPS... can pick them up for £80 or so.

Original Poster

IDEAL SPEC MINIMUM:

Decent Camera better than 2 megapixel for decent photos. Don't need to carry a camera round then.

Large screen cos I hate small screen, find difficult to see things.

Email and WWW

wide-band CDMA (WCDMA) for high speed internet connection. better browsing. HSDPA(High Speed Downlink Packet Access) is a feature of WCDMA

EDGE for when WCDMA is not available

Wireless LAN so can synchronize to Outlook without cables at high speed

Java platform

Audio/MP3 player

Also expect standard features like SMS/MMS/Bluetooth/Infra-red

Organizer/Calendar/Contacts/sync with Outlook

vibrate

Anything tick all the boxes or come close?

And I need to be able to buy it TODAY or in near future on contract

thanks
    nicojo

well, itl be easier if you just let everyone know your price range, this way everyone can tell you which phones you can get for that particular range

Original Poster

Ok, about £20 / month MAX

Happy to do cashback

thanks
    nicojo

nicojo;1863613

IDEAL SPEC MINIMUM:Decent Camera better than 2 megapixel for decent … IDEAL SPEC MINIMUM:Decent Camera better than 2 megapixel for decent photos. Don't need to carry a camera round then.Large screen cos I hate small screen, find difficult to see things.Email and WWWwide-band CDMA (WCDMA) for high speed internet connection. better browsing. HSDPA(High Speed Downlink Packet Access) is a feature of WCDMAEDGE for when WCDMA is not availableWireless LAN so can synchronize to Outlook without cables at high speedJava platformAudio/MP3 playerAlso expect standard features like SMS/MMS/Bluetooth/Infra-redOrganizer/Calendar/Contacts/sync with OutlookvibrateAnything tick all the boxes or come close?And I need to be able to buy it TODAY or in near future on contractthanksnicojo

N82 is the phone you want (other than the N95 that is).
    I haven't kept up with the developments in the Windows Mobile world - but I hear good things about the HTC Touch Dial
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Simply games French cases?22
      2. Is 'Isisue' a fake website/does it sell fake brands55
      3. Iphone 7 - What Case?11
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?36

See more discussions