Nominate an NHS Hero to get a free Mercedes-Benz 12 month lease

Posted 2nd Apr
Copied from the organiser's website (one person will be picked at random):

WE ❤️ NHS

As the UK's biggest car lease comparison site, we're stepping up to do what we can to help the NHS during what's a very tough time for everyone.

As such, we're giving away a Mercedes-Benz A180d AMG Line 5dr manual for 12 months to an NHS employee. It's pretty simple; all you need to do is nominate an NHS employee who you think deserves it through our Facebook page to enter them in the draw.

leaseloco.com/we-…nhs
Community Updates
Competitions

Groups

Top comments
This sounds like a really gimmicky bandwagon jumping attempt at generating publicity rather than a sincere thing to do.
24 Comments
This sounds like a really gimmicky bandwagon jumping attempt at generating publicity rather than a sincere thing to do.
12 months is a tad stingy, need to dig deeper. 12mths will past real quick. Front line NHS workers are literally putting themselves abs their families’ health at risk.
The worst ones doing publicity campaigns are the retailers offering 10% off for NHS workers. Dig deeper please.
Edited by: "mmuw" 2nd Apr
Haircut_10002/04/2020 15:29

This sounds like a really gimmicky bandwagon jumping attempt at generating …This sounds like a really gimmicky bandwagon jumping attempt at generating publicity rather than a sincere thing to do.

What an arse...they're a car company, giving away a car to show support.
Nominated my sister...fingers crossed as I know she could really do this with her bus route all but cancelled for now!

This sounds like a really gimmicky bandwagon jumping attempt at generating …This sounds like a really gimmicky bandwagon jumping attempt at generating publicity rather than a sincere thing to do.

I’m sure whoever wins it won’t care of the motive
woodie1202/04/2020 15:35

It's not really giving support though is it. If they were say giving a 10 or 20% discount to across the board to NHS workers to help them then I'd say that yes, they were giving their support. But this is only going to benefit one single person, not all of the nurses and frontline staff together.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 2nd Apr
Haircut_10002/04/2020 15:40

It's not really giving support though is it. If they were say giving a 25% …It's not really giving support though is it. If they were say giving a 25% discount to across the board to NHS workers to help them then I'd say that yes, they were giving their support. But this is only going to benefit one single person, not all of the nurses and nurses together.

Just unrealistic...that would bust just about any company. Anyway, I don't really care...as few people that get on this the better for me.

Plus given that its facebook, they will be generating a huge list of prospects.
In bad taste.
I only seen good in this hense posting (so glad this is my default outlook). I actually had a lump in my throat reading the comments on the FB post knowing that we have such amazing people who are willing to put everyone elses needs before their own day after day to look after us. Anyways, if you do have friends or family in the NHS then it may be of interest if you want to give them a shout out for their fantastic work and potentially get them a car for the year into the bargain.
Haircut_10002/04/2020 15:40

It's not really giving support though is it. If they were say giving a 10 …It's not really giving support though is it. If they were say giving a 10 or 20% discount to across the board to NHS workers to help them then I'd say that yes, they were giving their support. But this is only going to benefit one single person, not all of the nurses and frontline staff together.

Amazing how your 25% was edited to 10-20% so quickly. Clueless and making it up as you go along. Just be happy there are people trying to do good right now and move on.
woodie1202/04/2020 15:35

woodie1202/04/2020 16:22

Amazing how your 25% was edited to 10-20% so quickly. Clueless and making …Amazing how your 25% was edited to 10-20% so quickly. Clueless and making it up as you go along. Just be happy there are people trying to do good right now and move on.

Why are you taking my comments so personally? It's just my opinion that it feels like a bit of a gimmick, that's all. I'm not stopping anyone from entering this competition.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 2nd Apr
I would probably turn this down, what would happen if I damaged it? I'd be a nervous wreck in it. Meanwhile I can throw 107 around anywhere and it doesn't matter.
mogsog02/04/2020 16:54

I would probably turn this down, what would happen if I damaged it? I'd be …I would probably turn this down, what would happen if I damaged it? I'd be a nervous wreck in it. Meanwhile I can throw 107 around anywhere and it doesn't matter.

Love this, there is a satisfaction of running a car that you don't mind getting a few dinks. That said, a new Merc would also be fun though like you said, I'd be parking right up the back of the supermarket carpark just to be sure.
I just wonder why has it taken something like this to make people show their appreciation for the NHS front-liners? They have been dealing with all sorts of diseases (many that were/ are worse than this), do people think that they’ve been sat around drinking tea and watching TV since 1948?
theblairthomas02/04/2020 16:57

Love this, there is a satisfaction of running a car that you don't mind …Love this, there is a satisfaction of running a car that you don't mind getting a few dinks. That said, a new Merc would also be fun though like you said, I'd be parking right up the back of the supermarket carpark just to be sure.

No point, I try that, you pull on, it’s empty, come back and it’s still empty apart from the two spaces either side of my car!
I'm nominating Dr Gollywood
Timschoice02/04/2020 17:22

No point, I try that, you pull on, it’s empty, come back and it’s still emp …No point, I try that, you pull on, it’s empty, come back and it’s still empty apart from the two spaces either side of my car!

You are so right sadly. So many people sent to try us. They won't get me down though. Promise
Since you are "the UK's biggest car lease comparison site", how about chucking some money into a charity, food bank, NHS fund, instead of trying raise your profile with a vehicle that to be quite honest is hardly going to be your everyday run around for an NHS person that works quite frankly for a pitence for what they do.
You could have supplied a few cheaper end of the range vehicles if that's what you want to do.
Edited by: "richp" 2nd Apr
Gollywood02/04/2020 17:36

I'm nominating Dr Gollywood

I'll nominate you if I get to use it on Sundays
.MUFC.02/04/2020 18:43

I'll nominate you if I get to use it on Sundays

If I get it you can have it on Monday as well!!
Gollywood02/04/2020 18:45

If I get it you can have it on Monday as well!!

Sharing is caring

This is just another Facebook competition they probably would have run anyway, but seeing the trend of NHS they figured this would get them a lot more publicity.

Instead of a Facebook competition there is surely something more beneficial to spend money on, this is a cheap PR stunt which doesn't really benefit many people.
Given that a lot of NHS staff are severely underpaid; with nurses picking up about £1500 a month (if that) and working horrendous hours, I think (whether it's a publicity stunt or not) it's worth sharing this around.
If you look on their site for this car, it's £280p/m for the model and mileage they're offering, which I'm sure would be out of the price range for a lot of NHS staff. So you could be helping someone out tremendously by entering them into this competition and letting them have a more luxurious car for a year. Plus, it should be pretty cheap to run, it has decent mpg.

So many people don't even try to see the positive aspects of any given situation, they just criticise.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions