Groups
    EXPIRED

Non contract Mobile needed

Son's mobile not working. (Sony Erickson) approx just over 1 yr old. No display coming up so useless for messaging etc. Same thing happended wth daughters phone a few months before this, also an Erickson.

So, driving me nuts him not having a phone. He uses the £10 per month Virgin 300 txt which suits him OK. So he needs a phone only. He also wants a digital camera but would be happy with a phone wit hgood camera for now. Considering a Nokia because never had any problems with all my Nokia's (and that includes frequently dropping them!).

Any good phone only deals around. I get too bogged down looking at these things

Grateful for any suggestions

7 Comments

if ur looking for sim free id check play.com out as they are usually about the best price and selection wise

send it back to se, they have a two year guarantee on their phones as i was advised on here, and i sent mines away and they repaired it.

give virgin a call and see what reconditioned fones they have, these are normally like brand new, maybe someone has opened it but didnt like it so sent it back, so they sell them off cheaper, plus if he has been on his £10 contract for a wee while he might have built up an "upgrade amount".

Banned

Warranties dont usually cover cracked or damaged LCDs or Water Damage...

You can get the LCD replaced on most Sony Ericssons, relatively cheaply depending on the model, usually £20-£35, depends on the model...

Try the Nokia 5310, nice Music Handset, lots of features and a 2 Mega Pixel Camera. You havent said how much you want to spend, most the decent camera Nokias are usually more. If you want a 5 megapixel for under a £100 have a look at the LG Viewty, LG KC550 and Samsung G600

Original Poster

MobilePhonez;4776381

Warranties dont usually cover cracked or damaged LCDs or Water Damage... … Warranties dont usually cover cracked or damaged LCDs or Water Damage... You can get the LCD replaced on most Sony Ericssons, relatively cheaply depending on the model, usually £20-£35, depends on the model...Try the Nokia 5310, nice Music Handset, lots of features and a 2 Mega Pixel Camera. You havent said how much you want to spend, most the decent camera Nokias are usually more. If you want a 5 megapixel for under a £100 have a look at the LG Viewty, LG KC550 and Samsung G600

Good advice and suggestions. Need to spend more for a good camera phone. Will save me buying a digital camera for him.

You could try Dial a phone for a PAYG phone on a Virgin tariff:
    dialaphone.co.uk/pay…in/
    It's not a Nokia (there are some on there) but they've got a Samsung J700 with 1.3mp camera - £40 (includes 10 airtime) which he could use and then put his other virgin sim in the phone and carry on from there.
    Virgin's own site (virginmobile.com/vm/….do) also has the above phone for £5 extra but you get 1000 free texts with it. If you've amounted any credit (not sure if you get this on contract you're on) but you could use it to knock off money from the price of the phone.

Banned

Wouldnt recommend a Samsung for kids/teenagers... Not very hip also not very cheap for replacement parts, lcd's etc... However the G600 is very cheap for a 5mp camera

Most teenagers we get either specifically want a Sony Ericsson, or they will go for a Nokia, Samsung or LG only as long as it looks good...

Recommendations
    Nokia 5310 - £68.65 on O2 only 2mp Camera but Music features are great
    findmethatphone.co.uk/NOK…tml

BE Carefull, new versions of these can not be unlocked, new SL3 handsets can not be unlocked by anyone apart from the network at the moment, so get it on the network you need or get one on Vodafone.

Other Nokia Xpressmusic phones, e.g 5610 etc

Sony Ericsson W595 - 3.2MP about - £130
    findmethatphone.co.uk/SON…tml

LG Viewty - 5 Megapixel not the best looking handset but a decent price for a 5MP camera phone - £99
    findmethatphone.co.uk/LG/…tml

Samsung F480 Tocco - 5 Megapixel in my opinion the nicest looking touchscreen phone - £179.49
    findmethatphone.co.uk/SAM…tml

^ This may drop a little in price soon but probably not by much... as the new ultra version becomes more available
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions