Non essential Retail shopping

Posted 27th May 2020Edited by:"AgentDaleCooper"
Closed changing rooms/toilets, customers encouraged to shop alone, protective coverings on furniture, one way systems (cant see that working as people don't adhere to that in Supermarkets) and restrictions on touching merchandise - does it sound worth it?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
groenleader27/05/2020 14:48

Covid is over! People are fed up with reading up about, watching about it …Covid is over! People are fed up with reading up about, watching about it etc. and just want to get on with life. Much like in the US, in spite of the fact that people are still getting sick they are returning to normal, the old normal of eating out, etc. Whether covid is gone or not is not relevant, for people its over, its go to get back to getting on with life.

Its over? Best you get on to the WHO and update them sharpish! Ring up a couple of news outlets and sell your story as well whilst you're at it - im sure the UK will be interested to see you explaining that one at 6pm.
MANDRIB27/05/2020 13:12

It makes me laugh that Primark is reopening before GP surgeries. I'm sure …It makes me laugh that Primark is reopening before GP surgeries. I'm sure Stacey can do without her £2 vest top for a day out at the beach.

That's pretty offensive and stereotypical. How do I report this comment?

Kind regards,
Karen.
25 Comments
Nope. 5G can still get ya
With the supermarket, a lot of that is out of the window. Non-essential shops will probably have an employee at the door all day I would've thought. So they can practice on these steps. That's once all the signage and screens are in place. But in a lot of places, it won't work. Read that Waterstones will leave aside any books touched by customers for 72 hours. As if. I think non-essentials will be very quiet for a long time.
AgentSmith27/05/2020 12:40

Read that Waterstones will leave aside any books touched by customers for …Read that Waterstones will leave aside any books touched by customers for 72 hours.

Complete overboard nonsense.
Frankie7727/05/2020 12:44

Complete overboard nonsense.

It is essential so that the virus can better understand our reading habits
AgentSmith27/05/2020 12:40

With the supermarket, a lot of that is out of the window. Non-essential …With the supermarket, a lot of that is out of the window. Non-essential shops will probably have an employee at the door all day I would've thought. So they can practice on these steps. That's once all the signage and screens are in place. But in a lot of places, it won't work. Read that Waterstones will leave aside any books touched by customers for 72 hours. As if. I think non-essentials will be very quiet for a long time.

How are Waterstones going to be able to tell which books exactly customers have touched? The only way they could work it would be if all the book racks were taped off so that there is no browsing and you had to ask a member of staff to fetch the book you wanted. Might as well just stay at home and buy it online in that case.
High streets are dead now. They were dead enough before coronavirus, this is the nail in the coffin. Why would you venture out to buy things when you can’t even try them on anymore?
It makes me laugh that Primark is reopening before GP surgeries. I'm sure Stacey can do without her £2 vest top for a day out at the beach.
Kratos6927/05/2020 13:00

High streets are dead now. They were dead enough before coronavirus, this …High streets are dead now. They were dead enough before coronavirus, this is the nail in the coffin. Why would you venture out to buy things when you can’t even try them on anymore?

Exactly. And how on earth is anyone supposed to look for their size in anything on a rail if you cant touch anything?!?

It makes me laugh that Primark is reopening before GP surgeries. I'm sure …It makes me laugh that Primark is reopening before GP surgeries. I'm sure Stacey can do without her £2 vest top for a day out at the beach.

Its about the economy, Dominic Cummings, I mean, the Government couldnt care less about GP surgeries for, what they see as, the great unwashed

Not sure what you mean? Our GP has never closed. They might do telephone consultations if they can, but they're still open. And my mum had an appointment at her surgery too.

As for Primark, the non-Englandshire parts of the UK don't have a date for non-essential retail opening yet, but my daughter works in Primark part time, and is terrified of the thought of the shop re-opening too early in the easing of lockdown process. Add in the fact that she will have to use public transport to get there, it's not great.
alg27/05/2020 14:21

Not sure what you mean? Our GP has never closed. They might do telephone …Not sure what you mean? Our GP has never closed. They might do telephone consultations if they can, but they're still open. And my mum had an appointment at her surgery too.As for Primark, the non-Englandshire parts of the UK don't have a date for non-essential retail opening yet, but my daughter works in Primark part time, and is terrified of the thought of the shop re-opening too early in the easing of lockdown process. Add in the fact that she will have to use public transport to get there, it's not great.

Sorry for not being specific enough. Yes, I meant open normally for face to face appointments.
MANDRIB27/05/2020 14:24

Sorry for not being specific enough. Yes, I meant open normally for face …Sorry for not being specific enough. Yes, I meant open normally for face to face appointments.

Quite sensibly, they have been only taking people through the door when needed - but yes, I know what you mean. But even then, if a face to face consultation has been needed, they've been doing them too.
Covid is over!

People are fed up with reading up about, watching about it etc. and just want to get on with life.

Much like in the US, in spite of the fact that people are still getting sick they are returning to normal, the old normal of eating out, etc.

Whether covid is gone or not is not relevant, for people its over, its go to get back to getting on with life.
will barbar shops open?

Covid is over! People are fed up with reading up about, watching about it …Covid is over! People are fed up with reading up about, watching about it etc. and just want to get on with life. Much like in the US, in spite of the fact that people are still getting sick they are returning to normal, the old normal of eating out, etc. Whether covid is gone or not is not relevant, for people its over, its go to get back to getting on with life.

Its over? Best you get on to the WHO and update them sharpish! Ring up a couple of news outlets and sell your story as well whilst you're at it - im sure the UK will be interested to see you explaining that one at 6pm.

Glad not everyone has your sense.
rimalpatel00727/05/2020 15:16

will barbar shops open?

They might do, but you will be knackered for a barbershop quartet due to social distancing.
Ahh social distancing, it just flicks off the tongue so nicely.
AgentDaleCooper27/05/2020 15:46

Its over? Best you get on to the WHO and update them sharpish! Ring up a …Its over? Best you get on to the WHO and update them sharpish! Ring up a couple of news outlets and sell your story as well whilst you're at it - im sure the UK will be interested to see you explaining that one at 6pm.

40891833-Unbz4.jpg

That's pretty offensive and stereotypical. How do I report this comment?

Kind regards,
Karen.
MadeDixonsCry27/05/2020 19:29

That's pretty offensive and stereotypical. How do I report this …That's pretty offensive and stereotypical. How do I report this comment?Kind regards,Karen.

That's pretty offensive and stereotypical. How do I report this …That's pretty offensive and stereotypical. How do I report this comment?Kind regards,Karen.

You perch your sunglasses on your head, cross your arms, and demand to speak to the HUKD manager.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 27th May

You need to ask demand to see the manager. You also need the correct hairstyle to qualify.
Post a comment
@
    Text