Groups

Non-refundable airline ticket

got myself a non refundable ticket booked with BA for june to toronto.
    something has come up and would prefer to cancel the ticket. payed £360 for ticket but will only get £75 back (taxes and fares)

yeah my fault for getting non refundable ticket.... doh! but just wondering if there was any way round this....long shot i know...but thought id ask anyways.

to change ticket it costs £90 and if fare is cheaper u dont get it refunded. would just prefer the refund.

wishful thinking i know!

5 Comments

Get insurance and maybe claim on that closer to the date?

Original Poster

MANJ_007;6826833

Get insurance and maybe claim on that closer to the date?

thanks manj. but i wouldnt feel right doing that.

magicbeans;6826866

thanks manj. but i wouldnt feel right doing that.

thats what insurance is there for, its not exactly a scam.

i think that may be your only way around it, unless you can transfer the ticket? you may have to pay some fees to change the name and sell it on to someone.

Hi hun.... can you not opt for just adjusting the date of your flights

May incur an extra charge but at least you'll still be able to use your flights xxx

Original Poster

Jetpac;6827175

thats what insurance is there for, its not exactly a scam.i think that … thats what insurance is there for, its not exactly a scam.i think that may be your only way around it, unless you can transfer the ticket? you may have to pay some fees to change the name and sell it on to someone.

to me it doesnt feel right. and if it doesnt si right with my concious (sp?!) then id rather not go down that path!! good thinking of selling to someone. would be £90 charge.

ClarityofMind;6827276

Hi hun.... can you not opt for just adjusting the date of your flights … Hi hun.... can you not opt for just adjusting the date of your flights May incur an extra charge but at least you'll still be able to use your flights xxx

yeah im thinking that. ticket valid till 22nd sept so could go in august before schools when baby is a bit older than 4-5months!!!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844453
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1957
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?24
      4. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value26

See more discussions