Found 18th Feb
I have a Asrock P55 pro motherboard and a radeon 5850 grafix card any way to upgrade ? with better card ? cpu is first gen i7 2.8 .any help appreciated. thanks

ps I'm new at this .

6 Comments

The only thing holding you back would be the PSU if it lacks the power or headers and case size. You're going to hit a point of disminishing returns but with PCIe you could throw a gtx 1080 in there.

Well upgrade your GPU and overclocking your CPU would be the obvious options.

Original Poster

kester76

The only thing holding you back would be the PSU if it lacks the power or … The only thing holding you back would be the PSU if it lacks the power or headers and case size. You're going to hit a point of disminishing returns but with PCIe you could throw a gtx 1080 in there.

​will a gtx 1080 fit in this motherboard ?

Probably time for a new system as its about 9 years old. If that is not possible you could try a gtx 1050. You may also need to add RAM, 8gb total should suffice.

bazdotdoc

Probably time for a new system as its about 9 years old.

Intel's first 2.8Ghz i7 was released in September 2009. It is, at most, seven and a half years old. They weren't replaced with the second generation models until six years ago.

EndlessWaves

Intel's first 2.8Ghz i7 was released in September 2009. It is, at most, … Intel's first 2.8Ghz i7 was released in September 2009. It is, at most, seven and a half years old. They weren't replaced with the second generation models until six years ago.

. Thanks for that snippet, it changes everything, in that case my advice would be ...
Probably time for a new system as your cpu is upto 7.5 years old. If that is not possible you could try a gtx 1050. You may also need to add RAM, 8gb total should suffice.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions