Groups

Nook Ebook

​​I am looking at buying myself a used book reader, my partner has a Kindle Paperwork,which is good but I don't want to pay that sort of money. I use Calibre to keep her books on, and have access to hundreds of books. I have read somewhere about problems loading your own books on to a Nook ,something to do with registering the Nook. Any other ideas on used reader to buy, budget of about £50.

10 Comments

I've not had any issues with the nook - we all have nooks and use calibre/apprentice alfs dedrm

I guess the issue would be that now nook have closed down in the uk the registration isnt working. I think you can still flash the us firmware and connect to the us registration service.
    Otherwise the kobo devices are supposed to be ok.

You know you can buy a kindle for £59?Kindle E-Reader, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers amazon.co.uk/dp/…B6V

Nook libraries went to Sainsbury media which then went to kobo.
    So my nook reader has outlasted two book outlets.
    So far i've managed to keep all my books as they can also be linked to an adobe digital editions.

Good thing about the nook is you can read many file types, pdf epub... which can be found cheaper or free at Gutenberg for example.
    Edited by: "alanbeenthere" 18th Feb

Seeing as the op is using Calibre, he can add any format to a kindle because it will convert it to the correct format beforehand.

Had a few kindles and liked them, but these days I just use the kindle app on my tablet, PC and phone , so costs nothing if you already have these or buy a cheap Chinese tablet for about £20....

Marvin 3 on IOS and Moon Reader Pro on Android. A Tablet is better value than a book reader these days. Check out Aliexpress for cheapo (73 quid) tablets.

mfactor

I just use the kindle app on my tablet, PC and phone , so costs nothing … I just use the kindle app on my tablet, PC and phone , so costs nothing if you already have these or buy a cheap Chinese tablet for about £20....

Costs nothing except your eyesight!
    Edited by: "chocci" 19th Feb

wander into your local cash convertors/generator type place....they usually have loads of old Kindles in near mint condition for £15-£20

so much nicer to use for reading than an app on a normal tablet and battery life is in weeks rather than hours...
    Edited by: "Uridium" 19th Feb

chocci

Costs nothing except your eyesight!

Nah , I use a filter app , free on the play store...............

just relized I have one in the drawer at work that I never use , yours for £40 posted if you want it... its just the basic one..

Jase
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767244
      2. word association Game73844477
      3. Fifa 18 web app Now active.22
      4. Important info for Ryanair customers1824

See more discussions