Groups

Nook HD

Hi anyone can tell me if this going to work for charging a nook Hd 7" tablet? Thanks

ebay.co.uk/itm…9=0

8 Comments

Original Poster

No because that's a cable for a apple product.

I am pretty sure it will be a micro usb you'll need but give me five minutes and I'll have a look.

Found it: does look similar but it will be a slightly different design.

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…108
    Edited by: "dexpearce" 11th Jan 2015

Original Poster

dexpearce

No because that's a cable for a apple product.I am pretty sure it will be … No because that's a cable for a apple product.I am pretty sure it will be a micro usb you'll need but give me five minutes and I'll have a look.Found it: does look similar but it will be a slightly different design.http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/261216897614?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=m&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

Thanks for your help but that looks like a charging cable for nook e-reader. I am looking for a replacement charging cable for my nook hd 7 inch tablet.

Original Poster

google.co.uk/sea…452

This is what I have. Been told any 30 pin cable will work.

The item in your link won't work. The port isn't the same as used by apple despite both being 30pin connections

Is your Nook HD in warranty? If so, I would contact customer support and say you have a problem with your charger and they'll send you a new one. I have a strange story with customer support. My friend's dog chewed up my nook HD charger cable and since they have a proprietary port, genuine chargers are hard to find and usually very expensive. I contacted customer support who said they don't cover accidental damage and that I'd have to buy one. At the time the only place that sold them in the UK other that eBay was Blackwells. The official charger was £25. After a bit of talking with the customer support, the advisor asked if I had a problem with it beforehand. I asked why it would matter since I already told them my friend's dog chewed it up and wouldn't I need to prove it by sending them the faulty item. They said although they don't cover accidental damages, if I had an issue with the charger beforehand, then I could get a new one and that I wouldn't have to send them my old cable as proof. They basically urged me to lie and say yes, I had problems with the charger, then they told me they'd send a new one which would come from their warehouse in Amsterdam and would be expedited to speed up the delivery. Arrived in a few days and didn't have to pay anything. Strange customer support experience.

Original Poster

dreadzone101

The item in your link won't work. The port isn't the same as used by … The item in your link won't work. The port isn't the same as used by apple despite both being 30pin connectionsIs your Nook HD in warranty? If so, I would contact customer support and say you have a problem with your charger and they'll send you a new one. I have a strange story with customer support. My friend's dog chewed up my nook HD charger cable and since they have a proprietary port, genuine chargers are hard to find and usually very expensive. I contacted customer support who said they don't cover accidental damage and that I'd have to buy one. At the time the only place that sold them in the UK other that eBay was Blackwells. The official charger was £25. After a bit of talking with the customer support, the advisor asked if I had a problem with it beforehand. I asked why it would matter since I already told them my friend's dog chewed it up and wouldn't I need to prove it by sending them the faulty item. They said although they don't cover accidental damages, if I had an issue with the charger beforehand, then I could get a new one and that I wouldn't have to send them my old cable as proof. They basically urged me to lie and say yes, I had problems with the charger, then they told me they'd send a new one which would come from their warehouse in Amsterdam and would be expedited to speed up the delivery. Arrived in a few days and didn't have to pay anything. Strange customer support experience.

Its out of warranty. Used it for more than 2 years and beside that I don't think I even have the receipt any longer. Thanks for trying to help.

Shadow-360

You need one of these:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361177560407

OP - this is what you need.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions